What is Paymen45 Ransomware
Being produced by Everbe family, Paymen45 locks down multiple files that are stored on your system and force people to pay a ransom for data retrieval. It was discovered and described by individual Russian security researcher Amigo-A in his blog. Unlike other malware of this type, there is no single extension that is applied to affected files. Instead, it uses a random combination of different symbols. The most recent variation looks like this: 1.mp4.g8R4rqWIp9. After the encryption has finished, the program will instantly create a text file named “readme.txt” with the following information:
Dear user! Your computer is encrypted! We demand a ransom!
Decryption service is paid !!!! PAYMENT FOR BITCOIN !!!
To decrypt your computer, you need to download the TOR browser at https://www.torproject.org/download/
Install it and visit our website for further action http://paymen45oxzpnouz.onion/f4f74e9a11
Also from your servers files, documents, databases SQL, PDF were uploaded to our cloud storage
After we agree, you will receive a decryption program, valuable advice in order not to fall into this situation in the future, as well as all your files on our server will be deleted.
Otherwise, they will fall into the open access of the Internet!
Use any third party software for restoring your data or antivirus solutions will result in a loose of data.
Please be sure that we will find common languge. We will restore all the data and give you recommedations how to configure the protection of your server.
In this note, extortionists ask you to buy a decryption key (in BTC) through the attached link in the Tor browser. There is also a backup e-mail if you have any questions. If you refuse to buy their software, they intimidate that your data will be spread online. Cybercriminals are usually right when claiming that third-parties software cannot decrypt your files. However, it is strongly recommended to avoid trusting them, and instead of this, you should use our guide to get rid of Paymen45 and try to restore the lost data.
How Paymen45 infected your computer
The spread of ransomware has accelerated its speed via various channels. For example, e-mail spam campaigns are remotely controlled by cybercriminals to send multiple messages with malicious attachments. By highlighting the importance of messages, they try to fool naive users into opening these attachments. If so, your PC will probably be infected with malware and undergo irreversible damage. If you are convinced that you did not interact with any messages, then you could be compromised by other channels such as trojans, keyloggers, fake software cracking tools, backdoors, and others.
- Download Paymen45 Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for your files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Paymen45 Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Paymen45 Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Paymen45 Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Paymen45 Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Paymen45 Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Paymen45 Ransomware files:
Paymen45 Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore your files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt your files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of your files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Paymen45 Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore your files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Paymen45 Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Paymen45 Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.