What is Ragnarok Ransomware
Ragnarok is a ransomware infection discovered by Karsten Hahn. The consequences of this attack are similar to other threats of such type – encryption of stored data by adding a new extension. Developers of Ragnarok Ransomware may have other versions of the virus, however, this case involves the assignment of .thor or .ragnarok_cry extensions. No additional symbols are included, you will see a file with the malicious extension at the end (
1.mp4.ragnarok_cry). Once the encryption process is complete, users receive a note with decryption steps called How_To_Decrypt_My_Files.txt (alternatively, !!Read_me_How_To_Recover_My_Files.html).
Unfortunately your files are encrypted, To decrypt your files follow the instructions
1. you need a decrypt tool so that you can decrypt all of your files
2. contact with us for our btc address if you want decrypt your files or you can do nothing just wait your files gona be deleted
3. you can provide a file which size less than 3M for us to prove that we can decrypt your files after you paid
4. it is wise to pay in the first time it wont cause you more losses
you can send your DEVICE ID to mail address below
#ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED AND STOLEN BY RAGNAROK
Your files are encrypted with RSA4096 and AES encryption algorithm.
But don't worry, you can return all your files!! follow the instructions to recover your files
Cooperate with us and get the decrypter program as soon as possible will be your best solution.
Only our software can decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
We take our reputation seriously. We reject any form of deception
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain any valuable information.
Basic price for per computer is $980.Discount 50% available if you contact us in 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
When hiring third-party negotiators or recovery companies. listen to what they tell you. try to think.
Are they really interested in solving your problems or are they just thinking about their profit and ambitions?
By the way.We have stolen lots of your company and your private data which includes doc,xls,pdf,jpg,mdf,sql,pst...
Here we upload sample files of your company and your private data on our blog :
We promise that if you don't pay within a week, we will package and publish all of your company and your data on our website.
We also promise we can decrypt all of your data and delete all your files on internet after your payment.
Such leaks of information lead to losses for the company. fines and lawsuits. And don't forget that information can fall into the hands of competitors!
For us this is just business and to prove to you our seriousness.
The text note states that encrypted files can be unlocked only with a special tool, which is held by cybercriminals. In order to get it, people have to contact swindlers and send the required fee of BTC to their address. You can also provide a file (less than 3Mb) for free decryption. This way, extortionists are allegedly proving that they can be trusted. In reality, they can dump you and ignore the fact that you have paid for the recovery. The deletion of Ragnarok Ransomware will not decipher your files, however, this is important to do to prevent further encryption of data. For now, the only viable solution is to restore files from an external backup, if one was created prior to the infection.
How Ragnarok Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Ragnarok Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .thor or .ragnarok_cry files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Ragnarok Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Ragnarok Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Ragnarok Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Ragnarok Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Ragnarok Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Ragnarok Ransomware files:
Ragnarok Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .thor or .ragnarok_cry files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .thor or .ragnarok_cry files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .thor or .ragnarok_cry files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Ragnarok Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .thor or .ragnarok_cry files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Ragnarok Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released a free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Ragnarok Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.