Get a fast solution to remove Rajah Ransomware and get technical assistance with decryption of .rajah files. Download an effective removal tool and perform a full scan of your PC.
What is Rajah Ransomware
Rajah Ransomware is a malicious program that encrypts data and demands payment for its decryption. It is part of the Makop Ransomware family and appends the .rajah extension to encrypted files, along with the victim’s unique ID and developers’ email address. The ransom note warns that using anti-virus or third-party recovery software will render the files undecryptable, resulting in permanent data loss. The victim is informed that decryption will require paying a ransom in Bitcoin cryptocurrency. Rajah ransomware encrypts files using an unknown encryption algorithm and appends the .rajah extension to encrypted files, so affected file will look like this:
sample.txt.[3B5J0RT4].[email@example.com].rajah. The ransom note warns that only the attackers can restore the affected data and that using anti-virus or third-party recovery software will render the files undecryptable, resulting in permanent data loss. After encryption virus creates ransom note called +README-WARNING+.txt.
XXX Your data has been encrypted XXX
To restore your data, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ THE TEXT BELOW VERY CAREFULLY!!!
1. No one will return your data except us (do not trust third parties)
2. Antivirus and recovery programs will permanently corrupt your data (Even we can't restore it to you!)
3. Payment for the recovery of your data is made in BITCOIN (BTC) !!! BITCOIN ONLY!!!
4. You can buy BITCOIN (BTC) on the website hxxps://www.binance.com/en (Pass a simple registration following the instructions on the site and then purchase BITCOIN (BTC)
If you have read the text above and you need your data, it's time to write to us.
At the time of writing, there are no known decryption tools for Rajah ransomware. However, victims can try searching the internet using certain keywords, such as the ransom message title, file extension, provided contact emails, and crypto wallet addresses. It is important to note that ransomware developers are quick to modify their malware to make it resilient to decryptors. The best way to recover from a ransomware attack is to have a backup of your data. Therefore, it is important to back up your data frequently and keep your backup files in a secure location. If you have a backup of your data, you can restore your files from the backup. However, before restoring your files, make sure that the ransomware has been removed from your computer to prevent re-infection. If you don’t have backups, you can try file recovery software, like Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
How Rajah Ransomware infected your computer
Rajah ransomware can infiltrate computers through various methods, including infected email attachments, malicious ads, and torrent websites. To prevent infection, users should avoid downloading files or software from untrusted sources and clicking on suspicious links or ads. Rajah ransomware is a dangerous malware that can cause permanent data loss. To prevent infection, users should follow best practices for computer security, such as backing up their data frequently, avoiding untrusted sources, and keeping their software up-to-date. If infected, victims should try to recover their data from a backup and remove the ransomware from their computer before restoring their files.
- Download Rajah Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .rajah files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Rajah Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Rajah Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Rajah Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Rajah Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Rajah Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Rajah Ransomware files:
Rajah Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .rajah files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .rajah files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .rajah files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Rajah Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .rajah files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Rajah Ransomware , in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Rajah Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.