What is RenameX12 Ransomware
RenameX12 is a ransomware infection that encrypts files of different sorts. Unlike similar infections of this type, it does not add any extensions or symbols to identify the blocked files. All data appear original even after the actual attack. This is made by extortionists intentionally to prevent users from detecting the name of the ransomware as well as finding ways to decrypt files. Despite this, cyber experts managed to crack the mystery and established the virus name via the text note (New Text Document) that is created after encryption.
we need Your external IP or domain name
we provide You details and servers list now
please do not ask backup server as a demo
do not touch partition because You under risk loose Your data forever
do not ban our address now because You leave other people without passwords.
If this Banned please use our reserve contact and we will contact you back.
we do not use this email long time and close soon forever
after donation Your Confidential data will be deleting in our database forever
This note contains instructions to help you recover the locked data. Swindlers ask victims to contact them via one of the attached e-mails. After you pay the ransom (usually in Bitcoin) you will receive decryption tools to decipher the data. However, this is a huge risk since there is no evidence that could testify their trustworthiness. The best way to decrypt files is to delete the ransomware itself and recover data from external backups if one was created prior to the encryption. Of course, there are some decryption tools that can help in decrypting files affected by RenameX12, but this may not work to the full extent.
How RenameX12 infected your computer
- Download RenameX12 Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for your files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like RenameX12 Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove RenameX12 Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of RenameX12 Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove RenameX12 Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of RenameX12 Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
RenameX12 Ransomware files:
New Text Document.txt
New Text Document - Copy.txt
New Text Document - Copy (1).txt
New Text Document - Copy (35).txt
RenameX12 Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore your files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt your files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of your files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with RenameX12 Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore your files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like RenameX12 Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. RenameX12 Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.