What is RisePro Stealer
RisePro Stealer is a type of malware known as an information stealer, which is designed to harvest sensitive data from infected computers. It is written in C++ and appears to be a clone or a variant of the Vidar stealer, sharing similar functionalities and characteristics. RisePro targets popular web browsers like Firefox, Opera, and Chrome, stealing saved passwords, credit card information, and crypto-wallets. It can also extract credentials from installed software such as Discord and Authy Desktop. The malware searches for specific file patterns on the infected computer, such as banking and credit card receipt information, and sends the stolen data to a command and control server (C&C) operated by cybercriminals. For users who feel confident enough, manual removal steps are also available, but they require a more technical approach and can be riskier. It is crucial to back up all files before starting the removal process, as some below data could be damaged or lost during the cleanup.
How RisePro Stealer infected your system
RisePro is distributed through various methods, including a malware dropper called PrivateLoader. This service allows cybercriminals to pay for the installation of their malicious payloads onto victims’ computers. RisePro has also been distributed via fake software cracks and product activators found on websites that offer illegal downloads. These files are often disguised as legitimate software, but when executed, they infect the system with the stealer. RisePro has been observed to use obfuscation techniques to hide its communication with the C&C servers, making it more challenging to detect.
- Download RisePro Stealer Removal Tool
- Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to remove RisePro Stealer
- Use Autoruns to remove RisePro Stealer
- Files, folders and registry keys of RisePro Stealer
- Other aliases of RisePro Stealer
- How to protect from threats, like RisePro Stealer
Download Removal Tool
To remove RisePro Stealer completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter. It can help you remove files, folders, and registry keys of RisePro Stealer and provides active protection from viruses, trojans, backdoors. The trial version of SpyHunter offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Download Alternative Removal Tool
To remove RisePro Stealer completely, we recommend you to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of RisePro Stealer and several millions of other malware, like viruses, trojans, backdoors.
Remove RisePro Stealer manually
Manual removal of RisePro Stealer by inexperienced users may become a difficult task because it does not create entries in Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel, does not install browser extensions, and uses random file names. However, there are pre-installed instruments in the Windows system, that allow you to detect and remove malware without using third-party applications. One of them is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It comes with Windows Update in Windows 11, 10, 8. 8.1. For older operating system you can download it here: 64-bit version | 32-bit version.
Remove RisePro Stealer using Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
mrtin the search box near Start Menu.
- Run mrt clicking on found item.
- Click Next button.
- Choose one of the scan modes Quick scan, Full scan, Customize scan (Full scan recommended).
- Click Next button.
- Click on View detailed results of the scan link to view the scan details.
- Click Finish button.
Remove RisePro Stealer using Autoruns
RisePro Stealer often sets up to run at Windows startup as an Autorun entry or Scheduled task.
- Download Autoruns using this link.
- Extract the archive and run Autoruns.exe file.
- In Options menu make sure there are checkboxes near Hide Empty Locations, Hide Microsoft Entries, and Hide Windows Entries.
- Search for suspicious entries with weird names or running from locations like:
- Right-click on suspicious entry and choose Delete. This will prevent the threat to run at startup.
- Switch to Scheduled Tasks tab and do the same.
- To remove files themselves, click on suspicious entries and choose Jump to Entry…. Remove files or registry keys found.
Remove files, folder and registry keys of RisePro Stealer
RisePro Stealer files and folders
RisePro Stealer registry keys
Aliases of RisePro Stealer
How to protect from threats, like RisePro Stealer, in future
Standard Windows protection or any decent third-party antivirus (Norton, Avast, Kaspersky) should be able to detect and remove RisePro Stealer. However, if you got infected with RisePro Stealer with existing and updated security software, you may consider changing it. To feel safe and protect your PC from RisePro Stealer on all levels (browser, e-mail attachments, Word or Excel scripts, file system) we recommend a leading provider of internet security solutions – BitDefender. Its solutions both for home and business users proved to be one of the most advanced and effective. Choose and get your BitDefender protection via the button below: