What is Sadogo Ransomware
If your data got locked and appended with the .encrypted extension, then you might be infected with Sadogo Ransomware which is a malicious program that encrypts victim’s data. Sadogo and other similar malware infiltrate systems without the user’s consent. Unfortunately, this kind of malware does not miss a single unit and encrypts everything stored on your PC. For example, the original file like 1.mp4 and others will be changed to 1.mp4.encrypted after penetration. Once Sadogo finished its major activity, it instantly drops a text file called readme.txt onto your desktop.
Dear user! Your computer is encrypted!
To decrypt your computer, you need to download the TOR browser at hxxps://www.torproject.org/download/
Install it and visit our website for further action hxxp://reco3zanpd2ijycv.onion/
Your ID: ****************
Extortionists in this note claim that you should download the Tor browser and visit the attached link to purchase a decryption key. It is not recommended to trust swindlers, instead, delete Sadogo Ransomware and decrypt your data by following the guide below.
How Sadogo Ransomware infected your computer
There are various options for how ransomware could infect your PC. Most common are via fake e-mail messages, trojans, fake software cracking tools, and untrustworthy downloads. Be ready to expect malicious attachments in spam folders that are used by cybercriminals to trick gullible users. Never open them since they can be scripted for initiating the installation of malicious programs like ransomware. Below, you will see the techniques for how to protect yourself from spam and other channels of penetration.
- Download Sadogo Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .encrypted files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Sadogo Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Sadogo Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Sadogo Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Sadogo Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Sadogo Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Sadogo Ransomware files:
Sadogo Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .encrypted files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .encrypted files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .encrypted files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Sadogo Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .encrypted files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Sadogo Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Sadogo Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.