What is Scarab-Danger Ransomware
Scarab-Danger is a ransomware-type virus that encrypts data and extorts money from its victims. After penetration, it assigns a new .danger extension to each file that was encrypted. As an example, the original 1.mp4 will be changed to 1.mp4.danger. Besides that, Scarab-Danger always updates adding new extensions like .inchin, .email@example.com, .fastrecovery@xmppp, .firstname.lastname@example.org, .email@example.com and many others. Basically, it does not matter which one replaced your file since all of them are for the same purpose. After the virus successfully locks your data, it drops a text file with ransom information. In most cases it is called HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT.
Your All files are now encrypted!
Your personal identifier: [redacted] All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Contact us using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
with email pls send your ip adres :
Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain
valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click
'Buy bitcoins', and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price
(they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
This note says that you should send an e-mail to cybercriminals with your personal identifier. After contact, they will ask you to pay a certain amount of money in Bitcoin to access your data. In addition, extortionists are ready to decrypt 3 files that should be less than 10MB and contain no valuable information. This is a very popular trick used by ransomware developers to allure inexperienced users. Unfortunately, ransomware is charged with algorithms that generate undecryptable ciphers disabling users from restoring the data. Thus, the only solution is deleting Scarab-Danger ransomware from your computer and saving the data from external backups.
How Scarab-Danger Ransomware infected your computer
One of the worst traits of ransomware is stealthiness and undecryptable ciphers. Users typically get infected through fake e-mail messages with malicious attachments, untrustworthy downloads, trojans, botnets, keyloggers, and other suspicious channels. Developers deliver multiple messages marked as important or urgent as part of the trust factor. Unfortunately, inexperienced users tend to believe delusive headlines that prompt them into opening unknown files. Such curiosity often leads to immediate infiltrations of ransomware or trojans. Trojans themselves are meant to spread various other infections like ransomware. Once penetrated, they start running executable scripts that install additional malware on your system. Unskilled users often do not know how to handle such infiltrations and may require extra assistance. This is why we decided to create a clear tutorial on how to remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware from your computer.
- Download Scarab-Danger Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .danger files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Scarab-Danger Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Scarab-Danger Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Scarab-Danger Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Scarab-Danger Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Scarab-Danger Ransomware files:
HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT
Scarab-Danger Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .danger files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .danger files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .danger files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Scarab-Danger Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .danger files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Scarab-Danger Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Scarab-Danger Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.