What is Scarab Ransomware
Dr. Web decryption service or try decryptors offered below. Otherwise, keep your files until decryptor will be released.
Scarab Ransomware or ScarabLocker is a large family of international file-encrypting virus-extortionists. It has multiple versions and languages and attacks computers all over the world. Scarab Ransomware has typical malicious activity: it encrypts user files using AES encryption and demands ransom for decryption. Latest versions of this malware add .oblivion, .xtbl, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .amnesia extensions and modify filenames using randomly-generated alphanumeric sequence. Other possible suffixes are:
.scarab, .scorpio, .[email@example.com], .[firstname.lastname@example.org], .[Jackie7@Asia.Com], .please, .crypto, .[email@example.com].scarab, .[Help-Mails@Ya.Ru].Scorpio, .[firstname.lastname@example.org].scarab, .email@example.com
Ransom amount can vary from $200 to $2000. Do not confuse .amnesia and .xtbl files with ones encrypted by other viruses (Amnesia Ransomware, Crysis Ransomware or JohnyCryptor). Depending on version, after encryption Scarab Ransomware creates text files OBLIVION DECRYPTION INFORMATION.TXT, IF YOU WANT TO GET ALL YOUR FILES BACK, PLEASE READ THIS.TXT, HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT, Инструкция по расшифровке.TXT or INSTRUCTION FOR DATA RECOVERY.TXT with instructions to pay the ransom:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED!
Your personal ID
[324 hex chars] Your documents, photos, databases, save games and other important data was encrypted.
Data recovery the necessary decryption tool. To get the decryption tool, should send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or telegram us:
Letter must include Your personal ID (see the beginning of this document).
In the proof we have decryption tool, you can send us 1 file for test decryption.
Next, you need to pay for the decryption tool.
In response letter You will receive the address of Bitcoin wallet which you need to perform the transfer of funds.
If you have no bitcoins
* Create Bitcoin purse: https://blockchain.info
* Buy Bitcoin in the convenient way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin (the instruction for beginners)
- It doesn't make sense to complain of us and to arrange a hysterics.
- Complaints having blocked e-mail, you deprive a possibility of the others, to decipher the computers.
Other people at whom computers are also ciphered you deprive of the ONLY hope to decipher. FOREVER.
- Just contact with us, we will stipulate conditions of interpretation of files and available payment,
in a friendly situation
- When money transfer is confirmed, You will receive the decrypter file for Your computer.
* Do not attempt to remove a program or run the anti-virus tools
* Attempts to decrypt the files will lead to loss of Your data
* Decoders other users is incompatible with Your data, as each user unique encryption key
In this article we collected, consolidated and structured available information about this malware and possible ways of decryption. Use instructions on this page to remove Scarab Ransomware and recover .oblivion, .xtbl or .amnesia files from Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
How Scarab Ransomware infected your PC
Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, using email spam and malicious attachments, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged and infected installers. After infection and encryption, Scarab deletes shadow copies of files, system restore points, disables the Windows Boot Fix, using certain command prompt commands. Virus assigns certain ID with the victims, that is used to name those files and supposedly to send decryption key. In order to prevent infection with this type of threats in future we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Norton Antivirus.
- Download Scarab Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .oblivion, .xtbl or .amnesia files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Scarab Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Scarab Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Scarab Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Scarab Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Scarab Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Scarab Ransomware files:
Scarab Ransomware registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce uSjBVNE = "%Application Data%\sevnz.exe
How to decrypt and restore .oblivion, .xtbl or .amnesia files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .oblivion, .xtbl or .amnesia files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .oblivion, .xtbl or .amnesia files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Scarab Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .oblivion, .xtbl or .amnesia files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Scarab Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Scarab Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.