Get a fast solution to remove Skynet Ransomware and get technical assistance with decryption of .Skynet files. Download an effective removal tool and perform a full scan of your PC.
What is Skynet Ransomware
Skynet Ransomware is a type of malware that encrypts personal documents on a victim’s computer with a sophisticated encryption algorithm. It then demands a ransom in the form of Bitcoin cryptocurrency in exchange for access to the data. Skynet Ransomware has two versions, one is based on the Chaos Malware family and the other belongs to the MedusaLocker family. Other ransomware variants belonging to the MedusaLocker family include BlackToxic, Odaku, and Ritzer. The ransom note that Skynet Ransomware shows to its victims is usually contained in a text file named Instructions for decryption.txt (SkynetData.txt for Chaos variation) and is placed in every directory that contains the encrypted files. The note demands a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption of the victim’s files. The ransom note also warns victims not to modify or rename encrypted files and not to attempt to restore them with third-party software, as it will permanently corrupt them. Skynet Ransomware encrypts all personal files on a victim’s computer, making all photos, videos, documents, databases, and other important data unusable. Each of the files is appended with a suffix .Skynet. Skynet (Chaos) version adds random-string 4-digit extension. Skynet Ransomware uses RSA and AES encryption.
Your ID: -
/!\ YOUR COMPANY NETWORK HAS BEEN PENETRATED /!\
All your important files have been encrypted!
Your files are safe! Only modified. (RSA+AES)
ANY ATTEMPT TO RESTORE YOUR FILES WITH THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE
WILL PERMANENTLY CORRUPT IT.
DO NOT MODIFY ENCRYPTED FILES.
DO NOT RENAME ENCRYPTED FILES.
No software available on internet can help you. We are the only ones able to
solve your problem.
We gathered highly confidential/personal data. These data are currently stored on
a private server. This server will be immediately destroyed after your payment.
If you decide to not pay, we will release your data to public or re-seller.
So you can expect your data to be publicly available in the near future..
We only seek money and our goal is not to damage your reputation or prevent
your business from running.
You will can send us 2-3 non-important files and we will decrypt it for free
to prove we are able to give your files back.
Contact us for price and get decryption software.
* Note that this server is available via Tor browser only
Follow the instructions to open the link:
1. Type the addres "hxxps://www.torproject.org" in your Internet browser. It opens the Tor site.
2. Press "Download Tor", then press "Download Tor Browser Bundle", install and run it.
3. Now you have Tor browser. In the Tor Browser open qd7pcafncosqfqu3ha6fcx4h6sr7tzwagzpcdcnytiw3b6varaeqv5yd.onion
4. Start a chat and follow the further instructions.
If you can not use the above link, use the email:
* To contact us, create a new free email account on the site: protonmail.com
IF YOU DON'T CONTACT US WITHIN 72 HOURS, PRICE WILL BE HIGHER.
------------------------ ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ------------------------
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files documents, photos, databases and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees do we give to you?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information
Don't try to use third-party decrypt tools because it will destroy your files.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 24 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Unfortunately, there are no decryption tools available for Skynet Ransomware. Paying the ransom is not recommended, as there have been several cases where the attackers ignored their victims after receiving payment. The best way to recover encrypted files is to restore them from a backup, if one was created beforehand and is stored elsewhere. Alternatively you can use quality file-recovery tools like Stellar Data Recovery Professional. Malefactors offer victims to decrypt 2-3 non-important files for free.
How Skynet Ransomware infected your computer
Skynet Ransomware spreads through various methods, including spam emails containing infected attachments or links, social media, file-sharing services, and pirated software. Once the malware is on the victim’s computer, it starts to encrypt all data files it can find on the machine itself and on any network shares the PC has access to.
- Download Skynet Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .Skynet files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Skynet Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Skynet Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Skynet Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Skynet Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Skynet Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Skynet Ransomware files:
Skynet Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .Skynet files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .Skynet files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .Skynet files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Skynet Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .Skynet files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Skynet Ransomware , in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Skynet Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.