What is Tripoli Ransomware
Tripoli classified as a ransomware infection meant to cause encryption of personal data. Usually, the main target is photos, videos, documents, and other files that can store sensitive data. After this virus attacks your system, all files will be affected by the .crypted extension. Some victims reported that extension like .tripoli also exists, meaning that there are two versions of Tripoli Ransomware. In fact, does to matter which one penetrated your PC, because the way they work is almost the same. As a result of encryption, all files will be restricted from regular access, users will no longer be able to open or change them. To fix it, extortionists are offering to run through the steps listed in a text note (HOW_FIX_FILES.htm).
All files including videos, photos and documents on your computer are encrypted by Tripoli ransomware.
File decryption costs money.
In order to decrypt the files, you need to perform the following steps:
1. You should download and install this browser http://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
2. After installation, run the browser and enter the address: 7v2fgph2jakawhul.onion
3. Follow the instructions on the web-site. We remind you that the sooner you do, the more chances are left to recover the files.
Guaranteed recovery is provided within 10 days.
You should enter the personal code on the tor site.
Your Personal CODE:
E4D50***** [total 40 HEX characters]
The steps oblige victims to install the Tor browser and purchase decryption software following the attached address. The decision on making the payment has to be done within 10 days. We insist against acting on fraudulent steps as there is no guarantee that they will send you the promised tools. A better way is to delete Tripoli Ransomware and restore the lost files from an external backup (USB storage). If you do not have one, try using the guideline below to access your data.
How Tripoli Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Tripoli Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .crypted files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Tripoli Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Tripoli Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Tripoli Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Tripoli Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Tripoli Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Tripoli Ransomware files:
Tripoli Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .crypted files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .crypted files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .crypted files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Tripoli Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .crypted files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Tripoli Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released a free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Tripoli Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.