What is Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A is a type of Trojan horse malware that targets Microsoft Office documents. It is a dangerous cyber threat that can perform a number of harmful actions on your computer, including tracking users, swindling personal information, connecting to remote C&C servers, and installing other malware on the system. It is known for its ability to evade detection by antivirus software, as it uses various obfuscation techniques to hide its malicious code. Removing Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A can be a complex process due to its ability to hide its files in various locations throughout the disk and make changes in the registry, networking configurations, and Group Policies. Therefore, it is recommended to use a specialized anti-malware tool for this purpose. Here is a step-by-step guide to remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A.
How Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A infected your system
Trojans like Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A typically infiltrate a victim’s computer through trickery. They often travel hidden in software bundles, spam emails, fake updates, and rogue software. Once inside, they can perform various activities in the background and affect the system in multiple ways. Typical behavior for Trojans like Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A includes:
- Downloading and installing other malware.
- Using your computer for click fraud.
- Recording your keystrokes and the sites you visit.
- Sending information about your PC, including usernames and browsing history, to a remote malicious hacker.
- Giving remote access to your PC.
- Injecting advertising banners with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Using your computer to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Download Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A Removal Tool
- Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
- Use Autoruns to remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
- Files, folders and registry keys of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
- Other aliases of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
- How to protect from threats, like Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
Download Removal Tool
To remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter. It can help you remove files, folders, and registry keys of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A and provides active protection from viruses, trojans, backdoors. The trial version of SpyHunter offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Download Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A completely, we recommend you to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A and several millions of other malware, like viruses, trojans, backdoors.
Remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A manually
Manual removal of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A by inexperienced users may become a difficult task because it does not create entries in Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel, does not install browser extensions, and uses random file names. However, there are pre-installed instruments in the Windows system, that allow you to detect and remove malware without using third-party applications. One of them is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It comes with Windows Update in Windows 11, 10, 8. 8.1. For older operating system you can download it here: 64-bit version | 32-bit version.
Remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A using Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
mrtin the search box near Start Menu.
- Run mrt clicking on found item.
- Click Next button.
- Choose one of the scan modes Quick scan, Full scan, Customize scan (Full scan recommended).
- Click Next button.
- Click on View detailed results of the scan link to view the scan details.
- Click Finish button.
Remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A using Autoruns
Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A often sets up to run at Windows startup as an Autorun entry or Scheduled task.
- Download Autoruns using this link.
- Extract the archive and run Autoruns.exe file.
- In Options menu make sure there are checkboxes near Hide Empty Locations, Hide Microsoft Entries, and Hide Windows Entries.
- Search for suspicious entries with weird names or running from locations like:
- Right-click on suspicious entry and choose Delete. This will prevent the threat to run at startup.
- Switch to Scheduled Tasks tab and do the same.
- To remove files themselves, click on suspicious entries and choose Jump to Entry…. Remove files or registry keys found.
Remove files, folder and registry keys of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A files and folders
Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A registry keys
Aliases of Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A
How to protect from threats, like Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A, in future
Standard Windows protection or any decent third-party antivirus (Norton, Avast, Kaspersky) should be able to detect and remove Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A. However, if you got infected with Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A with existing and updated security software, you may consider changing it. To feel safe and protect your PC from Trojan:O97M/DPLink.A on all levels (browser, e-mail attachments, Word or Excel scripts, file system) we recommend a leading provider of internet security solutions – BitDefender. Its solutions both for home and business users proved to be one of the most advanced and effective. Choose and get your BitDefender protection via the button below: