What is Tyos Ransomware
The epidemic of STOP Ransomware still goes on, with its another successor called Tyos Ransomware. This nasty virus hits thousands of computers all over the world, mostly targeting the USA, Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. The most recent version, emerged in the end of March 2023, uses .tyos extension, that it adds to the end of encrypted files. As DjVu Ransomware uses AES encryption algorithm, probability of decryption is low, but exists. Tyos Ransomware damages users’ important data: photos, videos, documents, and other types of information, victims are ready to pay ransom for. At the same time, it doesn’t touch system files to keep Windows operable. The latest generation of this virus creates a ransom note file called _readme.txt. This file provides general information about the infection, ransom amount, and contact details:
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
The ransom note is typical. Malefactors let victims get acquainted with the conditions and price of the ransom, which is $980 and disclose e-mail addresses for contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Although developers affirm, that there is not possible to recover files without paying the ransom, the objective situation is different. The virus code has bugs, that allow security specialists to retrieve the key in some cases. Particularly, if the PC is disconnected from the web during the encryption process, or hackers’ servers are unavailable – Tyos Ransomware generates an offline key. This key can be found with a special decryption tool called STOP Djvu Decryptor. Below, we provide you with download links and instructions to use this utility. If you are on the list of the lucky ones, who experienced all the mentioned coincidences, your files can be decrypted. There are standard Windows system functions, such as restore points, shadow copies, previous versions of files, that can be useful, although, malicious algorithms often prevent such opportunities. Stellar Data Recovery Professional is one of the best file-recovery tools and, if used properly, may recover some copies of encrypted files, that were removed earlier. The ultimate guide to removing Tyos Ransomware and decrypting .tyos files for free.
How Tyos Ransomware infected your computer
Tyos Ransomware is a successor of the STOP/Djvu Ransomware, which is known for its wide distribution and successful ransom attacks. Tyos Ransomware, like its predecessor, is spread through various methods, including spam emails, malicious attachments, software cracks, and fake updates. One of the primary methods used by Tyos Ransomware to infect computers is through spam emails. The ransomware may be attached to an email as an executable file or a document with a macro that, when opened, triggers the ransomware download and installation. The email may be disguised as a legitimate message from a trusted source, such as a bank, delivery service, or government agency. To avoid falling victim to Tyos Ransomware, users should be cautious when opening email attachments, downloading software from untrusted sources, and clicking on links. It is also essential to keep software and operating systems up to date and to use reputable antivirus software to protect against ransomware attacks.
- Download Tyos Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .tyos files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- Restore media files with Media Repair
- How to protect from threats like Tyos Ransomware
Virus modifies “hosts” file to block Windows updates, downloading antivirus programs, and visiting sites related to security news or offering security solutions. Tyos Ransomware comes along with AZORult trojan, which was initially created to steal logins and passwords. The process of infection also looks like installing Windows updates, the malware shows a fake window, that mimics the update process.
It uses rdpclip.exe to replace a legal Windows file and to launch an attack on a computer network. After encrypting the files, the encrypter is deleted using the delself.bat command file. Tyos Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments and using manual PC hacking. Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged, and infected installers. The virus assigns a certain ID to the victims, which is used to name those files and supposedly to send a decryption key. Great tools to protect against Tyos Ransomware are: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download Tyos Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Tyos Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Tyos Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Tyos Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Tyos Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
How to remove Tyos Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove Tyos Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Tyos Ransomware files:
Tyos Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .tyos files
Use automated decryptors
Download STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft (.tyos variations)
IMPORTANT: Read this detailed guide on using STOP Djvu Decryptor to avoid file corruption and time wasting.
STOP Djvu Decryptor is able to decrypt .tyos files, encrypted by Tyos Ransomware. This tool was developed by EmsiSoft. It works in automatic mode, but in most cases works only for files encrypted with offline keys. Download it here:
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .tyos files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analysis of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Tyos Ransomware and removed it from your computer, you can try decrypting your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .tyos files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
Use Media Repair to decrypt media files encrypted with .tyos
- Download Media Repair tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded archive, and select Extract to Media_Repair\.
- Then double-click on the extracted .exe file to launch the utility.
- At first, you have to choose which file type you want to decrypt. You can do it from the drop-down menu in the utility.
- Next, browser the folder with encrypted or reference files. Choose any of them and click on the Test icon located in the top right corner.
- Media Repair will display a pop-up message with information on whether it can repair the selected file or not.
- After checking if it is possible or not, select your reference file and click on the icon right under the Test button we used in step #5.
- If the file pair is properly matched, you can move on and hit the Play button to start repairing. You can also stop the process anytime by clicking on the Stop button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Tyos Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Tyos Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.