What is Uncheckit
Uncheckit by EVANGEL TECHNOLOGY (HK) LIMITED is program that promises to protect you from unwanted programs that can be installed in a bundle with freeware. It is resembling Unchecky program from Reason Software. What it does, is it automatically unchecks checkboxes inside installers that offer to install toolbar, adware extension or some other type of unwanted program. Irony is that Uncheckit installs using this way itself, and shows ads and pop-ups in browsers. After installation Uncheckit runs in the background and displays ads and pop-ups in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. In overall, Uncheckit is categorized as adware and potentially unwanted program. Our team analyzed it and prepared instructions to remove Uncheckit from computer.
How Uncheckit infected your PC
Uncheckit can be downloaded from the official website. However, main way it uses to distribute, is bundled installations. Some utility, like Daemon Tools, uTorrent may install Uncheckit in the background. Users, usually, skip certain steps of installation or do not pay attention to it. We recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Uncheckit from your PC.
Download Uncheckit Removal Tool
To remove Uncheckit completely we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Uncheckit and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Uncheckit manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Uncheckit removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Uncheckit installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Uncheckit from Control Panel
To start removing Uncheckit you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Uncheckit from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Uncheckit.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Uncheckit from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Uncheckit and click Uninstall.
Remove Uncheckit from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Uncheckit, click Uninstall.
Remove Uncheckit from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Uncheckit from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Uncheckit in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Uncheckit in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Uncheckit
In some cases Uncheckit won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Uncheckit. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Uncheckit folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Uncheckit in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Uncheckit
Remove Uncheckit add-on from your browsers
Removing Uncheckit from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Uncheckit extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Uncheckit extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Uncheckit extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Uncheckit from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Uncheckit, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Uncheckit.
Generally, Uncheckit does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Uncheckit extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Uncheckit
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Uncheckit. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.