What is VoidCrypt Ransomware
Suspected to be another version of STOP (DJVU) Ransomware, VoidCrypt is a malicious program that encrypts personal data with the .void extension. Originally, this virus used to have the .dewar extension until it has been upgraded to “.void”. To be honest, there is no difference between them because the encryption process looks precisely the same. After successful encryption, the standard 1.mp4 will be renamed to 1.mp4.[firstname.lastname@example.org][ID-EJHPFWKYCNQ5***].void which includes cybercriminal’s e-mail and a unique ID. After that, VoidCrypt creates a text-like notification, that informs users about encryption. After finishing the encryption process ransomware creates and opens the following ransom note, called Decryption-Info.HTA:
Your Files has Been Encrypted
Your Files Has Been Encrypted with AES + RSA Algorithm
If You Need Your Files You Have To Pay Decryption Price
You can Send Some Little Files Less Than 1MB for Test (The Test Files Should not Contain valuable Data Like Databases Large Excel Sheets or Backups
After 48 Hour Decryption Price Will be Doubled so You Better Contact us Before Times Up
Using Recovery Tools or 3rd Party Application May cause Damage To Your Files And increase price
The Steps You Should Do To Get Your Files Back:
1- Contact Email on Files And Send ID on The Files Then Do agreement on a Price
2- Send Some Files for Decryption Test ( Dont Pay to Anyone Else who is Not Able to Decrypt Your Test Files!)
After Geting Test Files Pay The price in Bitcoin And Get Decryption Tool + RSA key
Your Case ID :EJHPFWKYCNQ5***
Our Email : email@example.com
In Case Of No Answer : Encryptedxtredboy@protonmail.com
To unlock the affected data, users have to contact extortionists via e-mail and attach their personal ID. Sequentially, they will match the most affordable price for getting the decryption software. Even though you can send a couple of files for test decryption, it is still risky to proceed with the full payment afterward. For now, none of the third-parties tools can decrypt the data by VoidCrypt. You can only delete it to ensure the further safety of your files.
How VoidCrypt Ransomware infected your computer
- Download VoidCrypt Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .void files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like VoidCrypt Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove VoidCrypt Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of VoidCrypt Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove VoidCrypt Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of VoidCrypt Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
VoidCrypt Ransomware files:
VoidCrypt Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .void files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .void files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .void files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with VoidCrypt Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .void files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like VoidCrypt Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. VoidCrypt Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.