What is WiperSoft Antispyware
Released in 2015, WiperSoft Antispyware is a relatively new contestant in the anti-malware department that specializes in detecting adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications that can be accidentally installed from the web. From my experience, WiperSoft Antispyware managed to find sneaky adware that other programs could not define. Due to the shortlist of capabilities, WiperSoft Antispyware works fluently on less-powerful PCs, requiring only 29 MB of RAM. Once installed, you can only scan your device for available threats, and the program will ask you to buy the full version in order to remove the detected issues. However, alike other software, you can use free one-time removal that will be activated within 48 hours. It is certainly an excellent feature, allowing users to testify the capabilities of the program before purchasing the Premium edition. According to this article, you can then decide whether you need WiperSoft Antispyware or not.
- One-time malware removal. As cited above, you can perform a totally free removal that will be activated within 48 hours after the installation.
- High ratio of finding and eliminating adware, spyware, or other potentially unwanted applications that can remain in your computer and stealthily gather personal information that can be transferred to third-parties for revenue purposes. Such infections are also known to be interrupting browsing with malicious pop-ups and ads appearing along the way.
- A consistently updated database of threats allows users to combat the most relevant attacks targeting users across the web. The list of newly-discovered threats is discussed on the official site in the Blog section.
- Helpdesk services provide one-on-one consultations in case users experience some difficulties either with usability or malware removal. You can reach out to them by one of the phone numbers and get a guided conversation on how to resolve the faced problems.
- Custom Fix feature can be a great option if you cannot remove a specific type of threat that requires additional assistance. WiperSoft customer support is happy to help with that and thereby offer an individual virus elimination help.
Nowadays, certification checkmarks have become truly important aspects that prove companies’ integrity and software effectiveness as well. Unfortunately, WiperSoft Antispyware has not been able to receive one of those just yet. Of course, this can play a huge difference when choosing between certified and non-certified products.
Although, in spite of its absence, WiperSoft still managed to make a decent tool that is specifically stellar in neutralizing adware and spyware infections. Some scans performed better compared to certified rivals, although, not without setbacks. Sometimes, WiperSoft defines legitimate and virus-free software that is not dangerous whatsoever. For example, after running a scan, WiperSoft identified an innocent browser extension as malicious and categorized it as adware. Since WiperSoft is a young company, it is expected that it will soon go through the certification of some lab and receive the cherished status.
Either way, WiperSoft can be used as a temporary utility for banishing sneaky threats and unwanted applications from your computer. The limited range of capabilities does not ensure complete PC protection, meaning that it can only be used in correlation with more stalwart anti-malware programs.
Price: You can use a one-time removal option as mentioned. However, if you are planning to use WiperSoft Antispyware on a regular basis, you should opt for the paid version that costs $39.99 per 6 months. You can also apply a coupon that will decrease the price down to $27.99.
Compatibility: WiperSoft Antispyware comes for all Windows versions starting from XP.
To sum up, WiperSoft Antispyware still requires lots of improvements to battle against world-leading titans. However, ignoring the lack of certification document and real-time protection, it can appear to be a decent tool for removing stubborn and pervasive adware-type infiltrations. Thus, in order to protect your system from sophisticated attacks, you will need to choose a more convincing and versatile program by more experienced companies like Kaspersky or Bitdefender.