If you think your font is too small or large while reviewing or writing e-mail messages in Microsoft Outlook, then this guide will be for you. This applies to seeing subject lines/column headers in the message list overview and also reading, composing, replying, or forwarding an e-mail message. This short article will quickly guide you through how to adjust different kinds of text in Outlook – down below.
1. Adjust font size in the message list
Here are the steps to change your font size (and the font itself) when you look at an overview of all messages after opening Outlook.
- Open Outlook Mail and click on View on top of the message list.
- Click on View Settings and choose Other Settings.
- If you want to change the font or font size for the column headers in your Inbox (where you see “From” and “Subject”), click on Column Font, and do the adjustments you want.
- If you want to change the font or font size of the message subject lines in your Inbox, click on Row Font, and do the adjustments you want.
2. Change font size in the Reading Pane
You can temporarily enlarge or decrease the appearance of text while reading or writing a message using the Zoom feature. Unfortunately, the zoom that you choose applies only to the message you are reading, which means it will reset back to its default value after you switch to another message. Though, the setting can be memorized for all messages if you have Outlook version 1901 or newer installed. Here are the instructions on how to use the Zoom feature and also memorize its settings (since version 1901).
To change font size when reading a message:
- Open a message and change the pendulum of the Zoom bar in the bottom right corner to the desired level. You can also use press-hold Ctrl on your keyboard and use your mouse scroll button to adjust the Zoom feature.
- If you want to make Outlook keep the adjusted Zoom level to all messages (available since version 1901), click on % in the bottom right corner of the Zoom bar.
- Choose or write your own zoom percentage, tick Remember my preference and then click OK.
To change font size when composing, replying, or forwarding a message:
- When writing a message, go to Format Text on top and choose Zoom.
- Choose or write your own percentage and click OK.
We hope this guide was useful and helped you adjust the font size in Outlook exactly according to your needs. Sometimes the interface of applications like Outlook may baffle inexperienced users, and it is also a good idea to refer to dedicated articles on the web. BugsFighter is a place where we publish a lot of articles related to resolving various PC issues and fighting malicious or unwanted infections that affect computer users each day. If you have any other problems regarding your PC, feel free to search for the concerning information on our page.