What is “WiFi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” error
If you are concerned about your connection and receiving the above message, then you are on the right post because we are going to solve it together. The appearance of WiFi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error prevents users from establishing a connection with the Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately, attempts to restore the router or unplug the power usually turn out unsuccessful because the error indicates other problems such as malfunctioned TCP/IP, faulty network settings, hardware issues, malware, and manual intervention. Below, we will show a range of steps that will guide you towards successfully solving the problem.
Download Windows Repair Tool
There are special repair utilities for Windows, that can solve problems related to registry corruption, file system malfunction, Windows drivers instability. We recommend you to use Advanced System Repair Pro to fix “WiFi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” error in Windows 10.
1. Reset TCP/IP
As mentioned, the error may occur due to incorrect TCP/IP configuration. TCP/IP is a set of fundamental protocols used to set up proper communication for the Internet and similar computer networks. Thus, we will try to reset it via the steps below:
- Find Command Prompt by typing
cmdinto the searching box. Then right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- In the opened window, you should paste these commands one-by-one by clicking Enter after each.
- Close the console and the problem should disappear itself. If not, try to paste the following commands according to the same algorithm.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
Hopefully, this option will solve the problem.
2. Change/Flush or reset DNS/IP configuration and internet settings
Sometimes, DNS/IP changing or flushing can work out. Let’s try to change the automatic DNS and IP addresses to custom servers for the time being.
To change DNS and IP:
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
- Double click on your connection name.
- Click on Properties.
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Mark Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Change IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, and DNS according to the underneath image
3. Update Wireless Adatper Driver
If your system struggles to establish contact with the Wi-Fi network, then this may be because Network Drivers are broken or working incorrectly. As you are not able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, you will have to download Wireless Driver to USB storage from other devices. Additionally, if you want to update them automatically, you can download IObit Driver Boost via the link below, but note that it will require a network connection.
To run a manual update, please follow this algorithm:
- Left-click on the Start Menu button and choose Device Manager.
- Now find and expand Network Adapters.
- Right-click on your adapter and choose Update driver. If there are other drivers available in the list, you should also update them.
- In the opened window, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select the driver from plugged USB device, click Next and follow on-screen instructions to finish the process.
4. Increase the number of DHCP Users.
Some users managed to rectify the popping up error by enhancing the number of DHCP Users. The process may differ on different routers, so you will have to identify your model and change the DHCP value manually. If none of the methods helped you resolve the issue, you can try the final tips presented below.
5. Scan your PC for malware.
Each day people are getting infected with thousands of malware. Such infiltrations are capable of modifying and destroying certain segments that lead to faulty settings and spoil the overall experience. Therefore, it is recommended to scan your pc and eliminate threats if detected. You can use Norton Antivirus for maintaining your computer safe and virus-free.
We sincerely hope that our guide has helped you remove this error and continue browsing the Internet without issues. If you have any questions, you can send them to our e-mail that is listed in the Contact menu above.