What is Error 0x80080005
Error 0x80080005 is an update-related issue that is very popular around Windows users. It was found a long time ago since Windows Vista debuted and remains unsolved these days. The problem pops up when trying to update your system to the latest pack version. Unfortunately, rebooting or even reinstalling Windows does not often lead to error decimation. There are a plethora of reasons why you may receive this error such as corrupted files, network configuration issues, presence of malware and so forth. This is why we have prepared a list of the most effective and acute ways to stop experiencing this issue on your computer. Follow the options presented below.
1. Automatic Repairing
The easiest, but still effective way to resolve the problem is using system optimization software. We recommend a repair program that is capable of fixing system malfunction, like error 0x80080005 on its own. Here is the link to download it.
2. Running System File Checker command
If you do not want to tinker around downloading and setting up the application, then you can drive this out by doing all of the steps manually. Here is how you can fix the corrupted files by using the Windows System File Checker recovery tool.
- Open Command Prompt by typing “cmd” into the searching box next to the Start menu button.
- Then, type
sfc /scannowcommand and click Enter.
- When the fixing process is done, restart your computer.
3. Installing .NET Framework 3.5
If you do not have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your computer, then this might be the reason causing error 0x80080005. You can download it from the official Microsoft website.
4. Clear Registry entries
Sometimes registry may be stuck by other unnecessary entries that can cause the problem. Here is the guide to do so:
- Click Windows button + R combination.
regeditin the opened window and press Enter.
- Navigate to this location:
- Remove these entries:
- When finished, restart your PC.
5. Reinstall Windows Update
Windows Updates are imperfect and can be affected by others not properly installed programs. This method may fix the problem.
- Type Control Panel into the searching tab and open it, then choose System and Security and there click on Administrative Tools.
- In the opened window click Services, then right-click Windows Update and select Stop.
- Select drive where operating system (usually C:\) is installed and click on Windows folder.
- Find SoftwareDistribution and rename it like SoftwareDistribution.Coopoint.bak.
- Go back to Services, right-click on Windows Update and select Start.
- Right-click on Windows Update and select Properties. Next to the Startup Type
select Automatic (Delayed) and save changes.
- Reboot your PC and try to install the update again.
6. Download Servicing Stack Update
If previously shown methods did not help you, then you can try downloading Servicing stack updates (SSU). SSU makes sure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your computer can receive and install Microsoft updates duly. You never know whether your PC lacks it or not. But you can always safely and easily check this by downloading from Microsoft Update Catalog.
7. Scan for Malware
Different types of malware can also outsource this kind of problem. Malware can damage indispensable files that are responsible for the Windows Updating services. Therefore, you should make a scan for suspicious programs and other unwanted stuff by using an anti-malware program. The most effective, in my opinion, is SpyHunter 5 which is very accurate at annihilating even more complicated threats.
You have just been presented with stalwart methods to remedy the Windows Update 0x80080005 error. In case none of the discussed paid off you can venture for contacting Windows support, however, I do not think they will be able to offer anything better. Also, using cracked Windows Versions may lead to this problem as well. Pirated Windows can be full of flaws and bugs that can violate the functionality of different services including Updates themselves.
> гуглишь способы решения проблемы
> автор статьи первым же пунктом рекомендует ПЛАТНУЮ программу для их решения
Братан, если бы у меня были деньги, я бы, наверное, не гуглила, а просто наняла бы человека с образованием решать эту проблему, нет?
Para solucionar este problema:
1º Configuración>Windows Update>Opciones avanzadas
2º Desactivar la opción de actualizar otros productos Microsoft en las actualizaciones de Windows
3º Reiniciar PC
4º Ejecutar Windows Update e instalar todas las actualizaciones pendientes