What is Bronze Aid
Bronze Aid by Yontoo Technology Inc is browser add-on that generates ads and pop-ups in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. This advertisements can be of different types: banners, hyperlinked text, video ads, pop-ups, redirects. Ads can be named differently: “Ads by Bronze Aid”, “powered by Bronze Aid”, “brought by Bronze Aid”, “Related Search by Bronze Aid”. It can also display additional “Bronze Aid ads” in Google search results. Bronze Aid installs without user permission and will not allow users to uninstall it normally. It gives an error that user “does not have enough rights to uninstall Bronze Aid”. In this article, we will show how to overcome problems and remove Bronze Aid from Windows.
How Bronze Aid infected your PC
Bronze Aid uses deceptive techniques to install on users PC. Usually it installs without user consent along with free software. This method is called “bundled installation”. To prevent this, you need to decline promotional offers during installation of any program. This is not a simple task, as installers use vague wording to trick you and install Bronze Aid on your computer. You can also use programs like SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware to remove Bronze Aid and protect from adware installations.
Download Bronze Aid Removal Tool
To remove Bronze Aid completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Bronze Aid and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Bronze Aid manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Bronze Aid removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Bronze Aid installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Bronze Aid from Control Panel
To start removing Bronze Aid you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Bronze Aid from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Bronze Aid.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Bronze Aid from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Bronze Aid and click Uninstall.
Remove Bronze Aid from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Bronze Aid, click Uninstall.
Remove Bronze Aid from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Bronze Aid from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Bronze Aid in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Bronze Aid in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Bronze Aid
In some cases Bronze Aid won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Bronze Aid. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Bronze Aid folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall Bronze Aid in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Bronze Aid
>> See detailed instructions and video tutorial on how to boot in Safe Mode
Remove Bronze Aid add-on from your browsers
Removing Bronze Aid from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Bronze Aid extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Bronze Aid extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Bronze Aid extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Bronze Aid from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Bronze Aid, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Bronze Aid.
Generally, Bronze Aid does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Bronze Aid or Bronze Aid 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Bronze Aid files:
Bronze Aid folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bronze Aid
C:\Program Files\Bronze Aid
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Bronze Aid
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Bronze Aid. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.