What is Discover Treasure
How Discover Treasure infected your PC
Download Discover Treasure Removal Tool
To remove Discover Treasure completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Discover Treasure and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Discover Treasure manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Discover Treasure removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Discover Treasure installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Discover Treasure from Control Panel
To start removing Discover Treasure you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Discover Treasure from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Discover Treasure.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Discover Treasure from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Discover Treasure and click Uninstall.
Remove Discover Treasure from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Discover Treasure, click Uninstall.
Remove Discover Treasure from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Discover Treasure from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Discover Treasure in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Discover Treasure in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Discover Treasure
In some cases Discover Treasure won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Discover Treasure. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Discover Treasure folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall Discover Treasure in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Discover Treasure
Remove Discover Treasure add-on from your browsers
Removing Discover Treasure from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Discover Treasure extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Discover Treasure extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Discover Treasure extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Discover Treasure from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Discover Treasure, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Discover Treasure.
Generally, Discover Treasure does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Discover Treasure or Discover Treasure 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Discover Treasure files:
Discover Treasure folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Discover Treasure
C:\Program Files\Discover Treasure
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Discover Treasure
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Discover Treasure. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.