What is Giuliano Ransomware
Originating from Italy, Giuliano is a ransomware-type program set up with strong cryptographic algorithms (AES-256) to run secure encryption of data. Upon blocking access off to personal files, extortionists try to deceive victims into paying money for the decryption of data. Victims can detect their files have been encrypted simply by looking at the extension – the virus appends the new .Giuliano extension to highlight the blocked data. This means a file like
1.pdf will change to
1.pdf.Giuliano and reset its original icon. Information about file recovery can be found inside of a text note called README.txt.
OH NO! Tutti i tuoi file sono stati criptati con un algoritmo di criptazione (AES-256) quasi impossibile da decrittare. Vuoi riavere indietro i tuoi file? Segui questi semplici step:
1. Vai al sito vichingo455.github.io/Giuliano/index.html
2. Compila il form
3. Ti inviero il decriptor. Eseguilo
4. Attendi per ottenere i file indietro
Decryption instructions inside of this file are represented in the Italian language. Cybercriminals inform victims about successful infection and encourage them to follow listed instructions. They say you should visit a GitHub page to fill out some forms. After this, malware developers are likely to get in touch with their victims and ask to pay some money-ransom. Usually, it is requested to run the payment in BTC or other cryptocurrency used by developers. Alas, ciphers applied by Giuliano Ransomware are strong and barely decryptable with third-party tools. For now, the best way to recover your files aside from collaborating with swindlers is to use backup copies. You will have to delete the virus and copy files from non-affected storage back to your system. Removing the virus is mandatory even if you lack backup copies to restore the files. That is because keeping ransomware installed on a system may lead to further encryptions and other security risks. We also attached some third-party tools that could be able to decrypt some Giuliano files now or in the nearest future. Follow the instructions below to learn how to delete ransomware programs and recover your data after encryption.
How Giuliano Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Giuliano Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .Giuliano files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Giuliano Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Giuliano Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Giuliano Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Giuliano Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Giuliano Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Giuliano Ransomware files:
Giuliano Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .Giuliano files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .Giuliano files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .Giuliano files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Giuliano Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .Giuliano files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Giuliano Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Giuliano Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.