What is HE-HELP Ransomware
HE-HELP Ransomware (Normanzak Ransomware) is a type of malware that encrypts files of users or business holders. Ransomware is considered to be the most dangerous piece since your files get locked forever unless you pay them a certain fee. Unfortunately, because HE-HELP popped in June 2020, security experts have not found a crack to decrypt users’ data for free. Like other infections, the virus assigns new extensions to normal files – either ._HE or ._HE._LP. For instance, 1.mp4 will appear like 1.mp4._HE or similarly after the encryption process is done. Thereafter, the ransomware triggers an automatic opening of a text file called READ_ME_.txt, which is dropped on the victim’s desktop.
Attention! Your documents, databases and other important files have been encrypted!
The only way to decrypt your files is to buy a decryptor from us.
Let your boss handle this, if you can send money, send up to 3 small files by email.
Subject: Your company name
We will respond with a price and decrypted files as proof that we can decrypt your data.
Contact us within 24 hours to get the best price.
We downloaded the "interesting" files and database tables from your server,
we will delete them if you pay or publish them if not.
In this note, people can see the encryption report including instructions on how to revive your data. They say that you should contact them via one of the attached e-mails and mention your company name. Cybercriminals also offer a free option to decrypt up to 3 files as a proof sign towards their honesty. Furthermore, they terrify you with threats of publishing your data worldwide. However, if you do not have anything precious to worry about, then you can simply delete it from your computer. In other cases, there is no feasible option to retrieve the affected files with the help of third-parties tools. Either way, we recommend you to wait some time until security experts find a way to handle HE-HELP Ransomware.
How HE-HELP Ransomware infected your computer
- Download HE-HELP Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for ._HE or ._HE._LP files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like HE-HELP Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove HE-HELP Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of HE-HELP Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove HE-HELP Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of HE-HELP Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
HE-HELP Ransomware files:
HE-HELP Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore ._HE or ._HE._LP files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt ._HE or ._HE._LP files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of ._HE or ._HE._LP files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with HE-HELP Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore ._HE or ._HE._LP files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like HE-HELP Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. HE-HELP Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.