What is High Stairs
High Stairs by Yontoo Technology Inc is unwanted program that creates ads in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is classified as browser adware. It generates ads of different types: pop-ups, contextual. Ads are signed as “Related Search by High Stairs”, “Powered by High Stairs” or just “Ads by High Stairs”. Those advertising units are usually useless and disturb users from browsing as they overlay websites content. I prepared tutorial below to show you how to remove High Stairs.
How High Stairs infected your PC
High Stairs uses special distributing routes. As this adware earns on user clicks, they share revenue with software developers. That is why developers of free tools bundle their installers with adware like High Stairs. They got paid for every completed installation. That is why, they use sneaky techniques to get adware installed on users PC. Vague wording, hidden installation – users should be very careful. SpyHunter 5 can prevent installation of Potentially Unwanted Programs. Download SpyHunter 5 to remove High Stairs.
Download High Stairs Removal Tool
To remove High Stairs completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of High Stairs and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove High Stairs manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full High Stairs removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of High Stairs installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove High Stairs from Control Panel
To start removing High Stairs you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove High Stairs from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find High Stairs.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove High Stairs from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find High Stairs and click Uninstall.
Remove High Stairs from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find High Stairs, click Uninstall.
Remove High Stairs from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall High Stairs from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate High Stairs in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate High Stairs in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall High Stairs
In some cases High Stairs won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall High Stairs. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing High Stairs folder and files. This happens, because file HighStairsbho.dll or service updateHighStairs.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall High Stairs in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove High Stairs
Remove High Stairs add-on from your browsers
Removing High Stairs from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove High Stairs extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find High Stairs or High Stairs 1.2 extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose High Stairs or High Stairs 1.2 extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove High Stairs from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable High Stairs, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable High Stairs or High Stairs 1.2.
Generally, High Stairs does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find High Stairs or High Stairs 1.2 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
High Stairs files:
High Stairs folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\High Stairs
C:\Program Files\High Stairs
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension High Stairs
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including High Stairs. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.