What is Kadavro Vector Ransomware
Kadavro Vector is a ransomware program oriented toward English, Russian, and Norwegian-speaking users. The purpose of this virus is to encrypt potentially important data and extort money from victims for its decryption. While rendering files inaccessible, the malware also appends the .vector_ extension to targeted files. For instance, a file originally named
1.pdf will experience a change to
1.pdf.vector_ and reset its original icon. Very soon after successful encryption, Kadavro Vector force-opens its pop-up window containing decryption guidelines. Additionally, desktop wallpapers get changed as well.
All your files have been encrypted with the powerful Kadavro Vector ransomware.
Kadavro Vector is a well-designed ransomware that encrypts all your data, passwords, text data, exe handlers, projects, and a lot of recovery files. No one except our team is able to decrypt your files.
The first thing you need to do is follow our instructions. If you skip one step, you may regret your data.
1) Do not turn off the Internet. Why ?
- If you turn off your internet, KADAVRO VECTOR will lose connection with the server, and this will cause you to lose files even after paying for the decryption.
2) Do not turn off your computer. Why ?
- Turning off the computer will cause KADAVRO VECTOR to lose connection with the server as well. This will result in file loss. There is a small chance that the panel will appear after restarting / shutting down the computer, then you still have to pay
3) Carefully read the purchase of monero, monero is a crypto currency through which you will have to pay for the decryption of your files.
Все ваши файлы были зашифрованы мощной программой-вымогателем Kadavro Vector.
Kadavro Vector — это хорошо продуманная программа-вымогатель, которая шифрует все ваши данные, пароли, текстовые данные, обработчики исполняемых файлов, проекты и множество файлов восстановления. Никто, кроме нашей команды, не сможет расшифровать ваши файлы.
Первое, что вам нужно сделать, это следовать нашим инструкциям. Если вы пропустите один шаг, вы можете пожалеть о своих данных.
1) Не отключайте интернет. Почему ?
- Если вы отключите интернет, KADAVRO VECTOR потеряет связь с сервером, и это приведет к потере файлов даже после оплаты расшифровки.
2) Не выключайте компьютер. Почему ?
- Выключение компьютера также приведет к потере связи KADAVRO VECTOR с сервером. Это приведет к потере файла. Есть небольшой шанс, что панель появится после перезагрузки/выключения компьютера, тогда все равно придется платить
3) Внимательно читайте покупку Monero, Monero - это криптовалюта, через которую вам придется платить за расшифровку ваших файлов.
Alle filene dine er kryptert med den kraftige Anon Kadavro løsepengevaren.
Kadavro Vector er en godt designet løsepengeprogramvare som krypterer alle dine data, passord, tekstdata, exe-behandlere, prosjekter og mange gjenopprettingsfiler. Ingen bortsett fra teamet vårt er i stand til å dekryptere filene dine.
Det første du må gjøre er å følge instruksjonene våre. Hvis du hopper over ett trinn, kan du angre på dataene dine.
1) Ikke slå av Internett. Hvorfor ?
– Hvis du slår av internett, vil KADAVRO VECTOR miste forbindelsen med serveren, og dette vil føre til at du mister filer selv etter å ha betalt for dekrypteringen.
2) Ikke slå av datamaskinen. Hvorfor ?
- Å slå av datamaskinen vil føre til at KADAVRO VECTOR også mister forbindelsen med serveren. Dette vil føre til tap av filer. Det er en liten sjanse for at panelet dukker opp etter omstart / slått av datamaskinen, da må du fortsatt betale
3) Les nøye gjennom kjøpet av Monero, Monero er en kryptovaluta som du må betale for dekrypteringen av filene dine.
Send $250 worth of Monero to this address:
All your files will be deleted after the time specified on the screen
Files are deleted using one of the most secure algorithms (Air Force AFSSI-5020), without the possibility of recovery. Hurry up.
Все ваши файлы будут удалены по истечении времени, указанного на экране
Файлы удаляются по одному из самых безопасных алгоритмов (Air Force AFSSI-5020), без возможности восстановления. Торопитесь.
The ransom note instructs victims to not turn off the Internet and their computer as it may otherwise lead to damage to encrypted data. To return the data, victims have to purchase Monero (XMR) cryptocurrency worth $250 and send it to the cybercriminals’ crypto address. In addition, there is also a timer indicating how much time users have to pay for decryption. Should victims not manage to do so within the allocated time frame, it is said that all files will be deleted using high-edge algorithms, making them permanently unrecoverable in the future. By doing so, threat actors try to put extra pressure on victims and thereby force them to meet the decryption demands. Unfortunately, initial ransomware developers are usually the only figures having access to the necessary keys for running complete and flawless decryption of data. The only free and 100% working option to recover the data is from your own backup. If there are available copies of encrypted data on external devices such as USB drives, external hard drives, or SSDs, you can delete the malware and easily retrieve your files back.
In rare cases, victims succeed in independent decryption by using third-party tools or Windows shadow copies, however, this is rather a seldom occurrence, which happens when ransomware has flaws or fails to encrypt the data correctly. At the moment of releasing this article, no free third-party tools have been observed to successfully decrypt .vector_ files. You can try some third-party decryption/recovery tools from our guide as a last-resort option if no other recovery alternatives are available to you. As mentioned, if you want to begin recovery without the involvement of cybercriminals, it is essential to remove the ransomware virus from the infected machine to ensure it does not impact other files or spread its roots to other neighboring systems. Even if you decide to collaborate with the attackers and pay for decryption, it is still important to get rid of the ransomware program afterwards. Follow our guide below to eliminate Kadavro Vector Ransomware from your computer and set up better protection against such threats in the future.
How Kadavro Vector Ransomware infected your computer
Phishing e-mail letters are one of the most popular ways of delivering ransomware into the system. Cybercriminals set up spam campaigns designed to send fake e-mail messages containing malicious attachments. Such attachments are usually disguised as genuine files, such as .DOCX, .XLSX, .PDF, .EXE, .ZIP, .RAR, or .JS and are often said to contain important information, which should be observed by a user. As a rule, such messages feature flashy headlines and pretend to be sent by legitimate sources (e.g., delivery companies, tax authorities, banks, and so forth). By doing so, cybercrooks make users more likely to open the attached content and therefore infect their system with malware. Always beware of unexpected and random e-mail messages that seem suspicious.
Other infiltration channels like unprotected RDP configuration, infected software installers (pirated or cracked), exploit kits, trojans, fake updates/license cracking tools, unreliable ads, backdoors, keyloggers, and other dubious channels also constitute a big share of malware infections. To avoid getting accidentally attacked by malware, it is strongly advised to be cautious while interacting with any content on the web. Avoid using pirated, cracked, or unofficial resources, and do not click on shady content (dubious ads, buttons, links, etc.). Read our guide below to explore advanced protection tools for safety against ransomware and other malicious threats in the future.
- Download Kadavro Vector Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .vector_ files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Kadavro Vector Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Kadavro Vector Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Kadavro Vector Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Kadavro Vector Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Kadavro Vector Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Kadavro Vector Ransomware files:
Kadavro Vector Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .vector_ files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .vector_ files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .vector_ files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Kadavro Vector Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .vector_ files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Kadavro Vector Ransomware , in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Kadavro Vector Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.