What is KMA47 Ransomware
KMA47 was developed for the sole purpose – to encrypt personal data and demand money for its return. Such a virus falls into the category of high-risk ransomware infections. The process of data encryption starts with the addition of new .encrypt extension at the end of blocked files and finishes with the creation of read_me.txt – a ransom note explaining instructions on how to recover the files. For instance, a file like
1.pdf will change to
1.pdf.encrypt and reset its icon. KMA47 also changes victims’ wallpapers.
HACKED BY KMA47
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. 100$
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
The note says victims got hacked by the virus resulting in full data encryption. In order to fix it, victims are guided to contact cybercriminals using e-mail communication (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and pay a ransom of 100$ eventually. After sending the money, ransomware developers should send your private key and special decryption software to unlock the data. Although cybercriminals might be the only figures able to fully decrypt your data, paying the ransom does not always guarantee you will get it eventually. Unfortunately, manual decryption is also less likely due to strong algorithms and online storage of keys. You can give it a try using third-party decryptors unless you have backup copies available. If you have spare files stored on the safe cloud or physical storage, copy them back and avoid paying the ransom. Note that prior to trying any of the recovery methods, it is important to remove the virus first. Otherwise, it may start the encryption again or spread to other systems working inside of the common network. Detailed instructions on how to remove KMA47 Ransomware and restore your data can be found in the tutorial below.
How KMA47 Ransomware infected your computer
- Download KMA47 Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .encrypt files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like KMA47 Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove KMA47 Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of KMA47 Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove KMA47 Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of KMA47 Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
KMA47 Ransomware files:
KMA47 Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .encrypt files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .encrypt files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .encrypt files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with KMA47 Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .encrypt files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like KMA47 Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. KMA47 Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.