What is LuciferCrypt Ransomware
A new cryptovirus known as LuciferCrypt stepped into the game a couple of days ago to encrypt personal data. As long as the study goes, it is already evident that this ransomware restricts access to data by assigning a long-string extension (
.id=.email=.LuciferCrypt). A quick illustration of an infected sample would look like this
1.id=0ED53ADA.email@example.com.LuciferCrypt.mp4. After the encryption process is done, the virus continues its presence creating a text file called HowToRecoverFiles.txt.
What happened to my computer ?
Your important files are encrypted.
Many of your documents, photos, videos, database and other files no longer accessible because they have been encrypted.
Don't west time by trying to recover your files because its impossible to do that without our decryption service.
Can i recover my files ?
Sure. We guarantee that you can recover all of your files safely and easily. But you have not enough time.
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 4Mb (non archived), and files
should not contain valuable information. (database, backups, large excel sheets, projects & etc..).
But if you want to decrypt all of your files, you need to pay.
You only have 7 days to pay. if you don't pay in 7days you won't able to recover your files forever.
How do i pay ?
Payment is accepted in Bitcoin only. The price depends on how fast you contact with us.
After payments all of your files will be decrypt automatically.
What is the bitcoin : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
How do i buy bitcoins : https://www.coindesk.com/faq-how-do-i-buy-bitcoins
● Do not rename encrypted files name.
● Do not try to decrypt your files with third party software's, it cause permanent data loss.
● Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of scam.
Contact us via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please contact this email : email@example.com
Unique id : 0ED53***
Within this document, extortionists are notifying victims about successful encryption. To revert it, victims should contact cyber criminals via e-mail and pay a fee to recover the files. Once done, your data will be decrypted automatically, without involving any manipulations. It is also said that the price directly depends on how fast you reply to the swindlers. Before doing that, you are also allowed to take advantage of free decryption. Developers offer to send up to 3 files (less than 4MB and non-archived), which should not contain valuable information. Note that you are also set with the time boundaries – 7 days to pay unless you want your data to slip away. We are not the proponents of trusting shady figures like cybercriminals. This is why we recommend against meeting any instructions in favor of your own safety. Paying the ransom may result in the loss of your budget. For now, none of the third-party tools can guarantee full decryption of data, but you should give it a try using the article below. Also, in case you have a backup copy stored on external devices, you can use it to recover your data after deleting the virus as well.
How LuciferCrypt Ransomware infected your computer
- Download LuciferCrypt Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .LuciferCrypt files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like LuciferCrypt Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove LuciferCrypt Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of LuciferCrypt Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove LuciferCrypt Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of LuciferCrypt Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
LuciferCrypt Ransomware files:
LuciferCrypt Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .LuciferCrypt files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .LuciferCrypt files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .LuciferCrypt files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with LuciferCrypt Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .LuciferCrypt files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like LuciferCrypt Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released a free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. LuciferCrypt Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.