What is MPC Cleaner
MPC Cleaner by DotCash Limited is system optimizer and registry cleaner. It is classified as potentially unwanted program due to aggressive advertising, constant pop-ups and alerts and installing without user permission. MPC Cleaner also modifies your browser search engine and homepage settings to search.mpc.am and installs adware application MPC Hot News on your computer. The purpose of MPC Cleaner is to earn on user clicks on sponsored ads that it shows inside this search engine and news app. We prepared this instructions to assist you and help you to uninstall MPC Cleaner and remove search.mpc.am from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
How MPC Cleaner infected your PC
MPC Cleaner is bundled with installers of free programs. Setup of such utilities may offer you to install unwanted and dangerous applications as shown on the picture below.
Users need to uncheck checkboxes near the names of this programs (MPC Cleaner), otherwise it will install numerous applications that can slow down your PC, break your privacy or, like in our case, perform fake optimization of your PC and hijack your browsers. To avoid installation of such programs and remove MPC Cleaner from your computer use SpyHunter 5 or MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Download MPC Cleaner Removal Tool
To remove MPC Cleaner completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of MPC Cleaner and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove MPC Cleaner manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full MPC Cleaner removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of MPC Cleaner installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove MPC Cleaner from Control Panel
To start removing MPC Cleaner you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove MPC Cleaner from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find MPC Cleaner.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove MPC Cleaner from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find MPC Cleaner and click Uninstall.
Remove MPC Cleaner from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find MPC Cleaner, click Uninstall.
Remove MPC Cleaner from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall MPC Cleaner from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate MPC Cleaner in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate MPC Cleaner in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall MPC Cleaner
In some cases MPC Cleaner won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall MPC Cleaner. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing MPC Cleaner folder and files. This happens, because file MPC.exe or service MPCProtectService.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall MPC Cleaner in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove MPC Cleaner
>> See detailed instructions and video tutorial on how to boot in Safe Mode
Reset browsers settings (homepage, default search)
MPC Cleaner installs search engine that hijacks your browsers. Here is instruction to reset your browsers homepage, newtab and search engine to default values.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Scroll down and find Show advanced settings link.
- Click on it and scroll down to the bottom again.
- Click Reset browser settings button and click Reset to confirm.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
- Click Reset Firefox to confirm.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu choose Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Choose Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- Close Opera and open command prompt from the start menu.
- Type following command
- Start Opera.
MPC Cleaner files:
MPC Cleaner folders:
C:\Program Files\MPC Cleaner\
How to block ads and pop-ups offering to download MPC Cleaner
As MPC Cleaner is mostly distributed via special ads and pop-ups promising to fix windows errors or remove viruses, good way to avoid installation of MPC Cleaner is to block such ads in browsers. There are couple of programs that have such functions. We recommend you to use AdGuard to remove ads by MPC Cleaner from browsers. Download free trial here:
cual de estos no cobran (SpyHunter o MalwareBytes Anti-Malware)
no pienso pagar por esto solo por programa malicioso la version gratuita no hace nada, pongan una solucion mejor que todo lo que pusieron.