What is My ShopMate
My ShopMate is another adware extension for Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers on Mac computers. App is promoted as shopping assistance add-on, that will search for available discounts, coupons and display them on e-commerce websites. It was designed for Mac and comes in .dmg file. Extension can be installed in all three major browsers. Ads by My ShopMate may lead to dangerous downloads or promote potentially unwanted goods and services. My ShopMate slows down speed of site opening and creates additional layer with ads, banners and pop-ups. It may also spy on websites you visit to show more targeted advertising. In this article you will find guide to remove My ShopMate from Mac and its extension from Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox browsers.
How My ShopMate infected your Mac
Mac OSX is rather secure system. But My ShopMate can infiltrate Mac computers, if users allow it. Adware like this comes bundled with other free utilities like flash players, converters, downloaders. Usually such programs place an offer to install My ShopMate inside the installer, or as a part of user agreement. Use BitDefender Antivirus for Mac to protect your Macintosh computer and CleanMyMac 3 to remove My ShopMate.
Download My ShopMate Removal Tool for Mac
To remove My ShopMate completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMacX. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of My ShopMate and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove My ShopMate manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full My ShopMate removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of My ShopMate installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove My ShopMate from Applications
Remove My ShopMate from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- My ShopMate might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall My ShopMate or My ShopMate Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag My ShopMate from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall My ShopMate
If you can’t uninstall My ShopMate using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of My ShopMate. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag My ShopMate from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with My ShopMate.
- Click Delete button.
Remove My ShopMate add-on from your browsers
Removing My ShopMate from Applications often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove My ShopMate extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Safari on your Mac, click Safari to open drop-down menu and choose Preferences
- Click Extensions tab.
- Find My ShopMate extension.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find My ShopMate extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose My ShopMate extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like My ShopMate
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.