What is TurboMac
TurboMac is shopping add-on for Safari browsers and Mac computers. It was designed to display ads, coupons, discounts and deal offers when users visit product pages on e-commerce websites. However, along with advertisements, that may seem useful, TurboMac generates tons of intrusive and deceptive ads. This ads may promote dangerous, potentially unwanted, malicious products or services. We recommend you to remove TurboMac application from Mac and extension from Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox browsers.
How TurboMac infected your Mac
TurboMac installs in a bundle with free apps for Mac. It can be offered as an option inside the installer. Often, users do not notice or pay attention to offers during installation process. If user agrees to the terms, TurboMac adware will be installed along with other unwanted apps like search hijackers, toolbars, rogue programs. Use BitDefender Antivirus for Mac to protect your Macintosh computer and CleanMyMacX to remove TurboMac.
Download TurboMac Removal Tool for Mac
To remove TurboMac completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMacX. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of TurboMac and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove TurboMac manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full TurboMac removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of TurboMac installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove TurboMac from Applications
Remove TurboMac from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- TurboMac might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall TurboMac or TurboMac Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag TurboMac from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall TurboMac
If you can’t uninstall TurboMac using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of TurboMac. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag TurboMac from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with TurboMac.
- Click Delete button.
Remove TurboMac add-on from your browsers
Removing TurboMac from Applications often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove TurboMac extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Safari on your Mac, click Safari to open drop-down menu and choose Preferences
- Click Extensions tab.
- Find TurboMac extension.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find TurboMac extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose TurboMac extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like TurboMac
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.