What is MyBrowser
MyBrowser by The MyBrowser Authors is rather complex infection. First of all it is chromium-based web browser that replaces Chrome and sets as default browser. Second it creates numerous shortcuts on your desktop. Finally it installs malicious advertising extensions in your browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE). This extensions generate advertisements, pop-ups, banners and other type of annoyance. “Ads by MyBrowser” appear on shopping sites and may slow down web pages speed. In order to remove MyBrowser from Windows 7/Vista, Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows XP perform instructions below. Alternatively, you can use removal tool that is available below as well.
How MyBrowser infected your PC
MyBrowser installs using deceptive methods. Formally they are legal, but unethical. MyBrowser spreads via bundled installations. What does it mean? That means that downloading programs from the web (especially free programs and software from untrusted sources) you put your PC at risk of being infected with MyBrowser adware. Free programs usually offer to install additional components or programs that are, in fact, mostly adware or search redirects. It is necessary to inspect installation windows and decline such offers. Alternatively you can use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware to actively protect your PC from MyBrowser ads.
Download MyBrowser Removal Tool
To remove MyBrowser completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of MyBrowser and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove MyBrowser manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full MyBrowser removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of MyBrowser installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove MyBrowser from Control Panel
To start removing MyBrowser you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove MyBrowser from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find MyBrowser.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove MyBrowser from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find MyBrowser and click Uninstall.
Remove MyBrowser from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find MyBrowser, click Uninstall.
Remove MyBrowser from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall MyBrowser from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate MyBrowser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate MyBrowser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall MyBrowser
In some cases MyBrowser won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall MyBrowser. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing MyBrowser folder and files. This happens, because file MyBrowser.exe or service utility.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall MyBrowser in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove MyBrowser
Remove MyBrowser add-on from your browsers
Removing MyBrowser from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove MyBrowser extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find MyBrowser extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose MyBrowser extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove MyBrowser from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable MyBrowser, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable MyBrowser.
Generally, MyBrowser does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find MyBrowser extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
C:\Program Files (x86)\MyBrowser
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension MyBrowser
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including MyBrowser. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.