What is Plugins Button
Plugins Button is advertising browser add-on, that mainly installs in Google Chrome. It provides zero functionality, in exchange for displaying obtrusive advertisements. Plugins Button generates various types of ads: pop-ups, banners, redirects, drop-down coupon ads. This negatively influence users online experience, slows down browsing and harms user privacy. This adware also may collect and share browser and personal information for advertising purposes. Many of users complain, that they cannot remove Plugins Button from Extensions in Chrome. We prepared this tutorial to show average users how to remove Plugins Button completely.
How Plugins Button infected your PC
Plugins Button is promoted using 2 methods. Firstly, it is offered as free installation along with free programs for Windows. Secondly, Plugins Button is advertised on various advertising landing pages, that can be shown in different scenarios. In both cases, users can avoid installation of Plugins Button or similar applications by declining offers in installers and not clicking on ads in browsers. There are also programs, that can remove Plugins Button and defend computer from this type of malware.
Download Plugins Button Removal Tool for Windows
To remove Plugins Button from Windows completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Plugins Button and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Download Plugins Button Removal Tool for Mac
To remove Plugins Button from Mac completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMac3. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of Plugins Button and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove Plugins Button manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Plugins Button removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Plugins Button installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Plugins Button from Control Panel
To start removing Plugins Button you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Plugins Button from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Plugins Button 0.9.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Plugins Button from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Plugins Button 0.9 and click Uninstall.
Remove Plugins Button from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Plugins Button 0.9, click Uninstall.
Remove Plugins Button from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Plugins Button from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Plugins Button 0.9 in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Plugins Button 0.9 in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Plugins Button
In some cases Plugins Button won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Plugins Button. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Plugins Button folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 4 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Plugins Button in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Plugins Button 0.9
Remove Plugins Button add-on from your browsers
Removing Plugins Button from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Plugins Button extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Plugins Button 0.9 extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Plugins Button 0.9 extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Plugins Button from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Plugins Button, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Plugins Button 0.9.
Generally, Plugins Button does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Plugins Button 0.9 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Plugins Button files:
Plugins Button folders:
C:\Program Files\Plugins Button\
Local Extension Settings/bfkmdpfljdpopbemfaelnflapafbflgn
Sync Extension Settings/bfkmdpfljdpopbemfaelnflapafbflgn
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Plugins Button
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Plugins Button. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.