What is Plus HD
Plus HD by Kimahri Software Inc is wide-spread browser extension. It is advertised as extension add-on that enhances online video watching experience. Plus HD darkens background which creates certain effect. But the real purpose of this program is to create ads and pop-ups and earn on user clicks on this advertisements. Ads promote software downloads, various goods, but mostly are irrelevant. They are signed like “Ads by Plus-HD” or “powered by Plus-HD” or “brought by Plus-HD”. So the can be easily distinguished from regular advertising. Plus HD slows down browsers and tracks user activity. This data then can be used by advertisers. Here is instruction that will show how to remove Plus HD from computer and browser completely.
How Plus HD infected your PC
Plus HD is promoted using different methods. Often when you watch streams or videos on low-quality websites, site may offer you to update flash player and offer to download Plus HD. Also you can get infected with Plus HD when you install free software. Freeware offers you to install adware, toolbars, browser hijackers and other types of unwanted programs. Of you fail to decline this offers, your browsers will be filled with ads and redirections. To protect from Plus HD and in order to remove it, use SpyHunter 5 antimalware.
Download Plus HD Removal Tool
To remove Plus HD completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Plus HD and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Plus HD manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Plus HD removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Plus HD installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Plus HD from Control Panel
To start removing Plus HD you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Other aliases of Plus HD adware, check those names in programs list:
Remove Plus HD from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Plus HD.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Plus HD from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Plus HD and click Uninstall.
Remove Plus HD from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Plus HD, click Uninstall.
Remove Plus HD from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Plus HD from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Plus HD in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Plus HD in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Plus HD
In some cases Plus HD won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Plus HD. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Plus HD folder and files. This happens, because file utils.exe or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Plus HD in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Plus HD
Remove Plus HD add-on from your browsers
Removing Plus HD from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Plus HD extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Plus HD extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Plus HD extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Plus HD from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Plus HD, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Plus HD.
Generally, Plus HD does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Plus HD extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Plus HD files:
Plus HD folders:
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Plus HD
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Plus HD. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.