Get a fast solution to remove ReadText Ransomware and get technical assistance with decryption of .readtext4 files. Download an effective removal tool and perform a full scan of your PC.
What is ReadText Ransomware
ReadText Ransomware is a malicious program that belongs to the MedusaLocker ransomware family. It targets companies and utilizes double-extortion tactics to encrypt important files on the victim’s computer and demand a ransom for their decryption. ReadText Ransomware appends the .readtext4 extension to the original filenames of the encrypted files. The number in the extension may vary depending on the ransomware variant. While the specific encryption method used by ReadText Ransomware is not known, modern ransomware typically employs a hybrid encryption scheme, combining symmetric encryption algorithms like AES with asymmetric encryption algorithms like RSA. After encrypting the files, ReadText Ransomware drops a ransom-demanding message named How_to_back_files.html.
YOUR PERSONAL ID:
/!\ YOUR COMPANY NETWORK HAS BEEN PENETRATED /!\
All your important files have been encrypted!
Your files are safe! Only modified. (RSA+AES)
ANY ATTEMPT TO RESTORE YOUR FILES WITH THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE
WILL PERMANENTLY CORRUPT IT.
DO NOT MODIFY ENCRYPTED FILES.
DO NOT RENAME ENCRYPTED FILES.
No software available on internet can help you. We are the only ones able to
solve your problem.
We gathered highly confidential/personal data. These data are currently stored on
a private server. This server will be immediately destroyed after your payment.
If you decide to not pay, we will release your data to public or re-seller.
So you can expect your data to be publicly available in the near future..
We only seek money and our goal is not to damage your reputation or prevent
your business from running.
You will can send us 2-3 non-important files and we will decrypt it for free
to prove we are able to give your files back.
Contact us for price and get decryption software.
* To contact us, create a new free email account on the site: protonmail.com
IF YOU DON'T CONTACT US WITHIN 72 HOURS, PRICE WILL BE HIGHER.
* Tor-chat to always be in touch:
Decrypting .readtext4 files without the decryption key provided by the attackers is likely impossible due to the strong encryption methods used. The best course of action is to restore the files from a backup if available and remove the ransomware from the system using a reputable antivirus or anti-malware tool. There are no specific decryption tools for ReadText Ransomware. However, it is generally advised not to pay the ransom, as there is no guarantee that the attackers will provide a decryption key or tool.
How ReadText Ransomware infects computers
Ransomware like ReadText often spreads through phishing emails containing malicious attachments or drive-by downloading, where a user unknowingly visits an infected website, and malware is downloaded and installed without the user’s knowledge.
- Download ReadText Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .readtext4 files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like ReadText Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove ReadText Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of ReadText Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove ReadText Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of ReadText Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
ReadText Ransomware files:
ReadText Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .readtext4 files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .readtext4 files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .readtext4 files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with ReadText Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .readtext4 files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like ReadText Ransomware , in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. ReadText Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.