What is unTabs
unTabs is deceptive program, that provides minimum value in exchange of access to browsers. Most times it installs as extension in Google Chrome, but sometimes may affect Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It may seem legitimate, but considered potentially unwanted application by specialists. unTabs displays delusive ads, installs hiddenly from users and tracks browser information about online behavior. After infection unTabs generates pop-ups, infiltrates banners, shows coupons. Besides, sometimes there is no obvious way to uninstall unTabs. We prepared this article with clear instructions to remove unTabs from your computer.
How unTabs infected your PC
unTabs can be downloaded from its website untabs.com, however, developers distribute it using unethical method called “bundling”. As a result, users can unintentionally install unTabs, and do not even know about it. unTabs creates browser add-ons and folder in Program Files where it stores core files. Antivirus program may not protect you from adware and other types of potentially unwanted programs. To effectively remove unTabs, we suggest using Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download unTabs Removal Tool
To remove unTabs completely we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of unTabs and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove unTabs manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full unTabs removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of unTabs installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove unTabs from Control Panel
To start removing unTabs you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove unTabs from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find 184.108.40.206.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove unTabs from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find 220.127.116.11 and click Uninstall.
Remove unTabs from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find 18.104.22.168, click Uninstall.
Remove unTabs from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall unTabs from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate 22.214.171.124 in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate 126.96.36.199 in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall unTabs
In some cases unTabs won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall unTabs. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing unTabs folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall unTabs in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove unTabs
Remove unTabs add-on from your browsers
Removing unTabs from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove unTabs extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find unTabs extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose unTabs extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove unTabs from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable unTabs, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable unTabs.
Generally, unTabs does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find unTabs extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension unTabs
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including unTabs. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.