What is YeaDesktop
YeaDesktop is advertising application possibly originating in China. It consists of application, that installs in Program Files and website Yeadesktop.com (or Yeadesktopbr.com for Brasil), that overrides search and homepage settings in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Adware constantly receives instructions from xiaobingdou.com website, on what kind of ads to show the end user. YeaDesktop often can be seen under the name “220.127.116.11” in Programs and features, and when you try to remove it it opens window with captcha with hieroglyphs, which makes it difficult to remove standard way. Yeadesktop.com can hijack browser settings and shortcuts and redirects user searches to “s.popular123.com” search engine. Below is complete guide to remove YeaDesktop search and ads from browsers in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
How YeaDesktop infected your PC
YeaDesktop installs in a bundle inside free software installers. Many free programs nowadays are monetized by installing third party adware, hijackers, potentially unwanted applications. Be very careful when installing software from unverified sources. Most risk comes from small utilities like media converters, file downloaders, media players, zip archivers. Standard antivirus protection is useless, because it cannot detect such threats. To remove YeaDesktop and protect computer from similar threat we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download YeaDesktop Removal Tool
To remove YeaDesktop completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of YeaDesktop and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove YeaDesktop manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full YeaDesktop removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of YeaDesktop installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove YeaDesktop from Control Panel
To start removing YeaDesktop you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove YeaDesktop from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find 18.104.22.168.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove YeaDesktop from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find 22.214.171.124 and click Uninstall.
Remove YeaDesktop from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find 126.96.36.199, click Uninstall.
Remove YeaDesktop from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall YeaDesktop from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate 188.8.131.52 in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate 184.108.40.206 in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall YeaDesktop
In some cases YeaDesktop won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall YeaDesktop. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing YeaDesktop folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall YeaDesktop in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove YeaDesktop
Remove YeaDesktop add-on from your browsers
Removing YeaDesktop from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove YeaDesktop extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find YeaDesktop extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose YeaDesktop extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove YeaDesktop from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable YeaDesktop, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable YeaDesktop.
Generally, YeaDesktop does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find YeaDesktop extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension YeaDesktop
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including YeaDesktop. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.