What is Zloader
Most recent Zloader attack started in September, 2021 and targets mostly German and Austrian banking institutions. An ongoing Zloader campaign uses a new infection algorithms to disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus (formerly Windows Defender) on victims’ computers to evade detection.
Zloader (also known as DELoader and Terdot) is a malicious piece of software classified as a virus-type program. Research shows that it is distributed through third parties web pages displaying fabricated error notifications like this
How Zloader infected your computer
- Download Zloader Removal Tool
- Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to remove Zloader
- Use Autoruns to remove Zloader
- Files, folders and registry keys of Zloader
- Other aliases of Zloader
- How to protect from threats, like Zloader
Download Removal Tool
To remove Zloader completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter. It can help you remove files, folders, and registry keys of Zloader and provides active protection from viruses, trojans, backdoors. The trial version of SpyHunter offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Download Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Zloader completely, we recommend you to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Zloader and several millions of other malware, like viruses, trojans, backdoors.
Remove ZLoader manually
Manual removal of Zloader by inexperienced users may become a difficult task because it does not create entries in Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel, does not install browser extensions, and uses random file names. However, there are pre-installed instruments in the Windows system, that allow you to detect and remove malware without using third-party applications. One of them is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It comes with Windows Update in Windows 11, 10, 8. 8.1. For older operating system you can download it here: 64-bit version | 32-bit version.
Remove Zloader using Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
mrtin the search box near Start Menu.
- Run mrt clicking on found item.
- Click Next button.
- Choose one of the scan modes Quick scan, Full scan, Customize scan (Full scan recommended).
- Click Next button.
- Click on View detailed results of the scan link to view the scan details.
- Click Finish button.
Remove Zloader using Autoruns
Zloader often sets up to run at Windows startup as an Autorun entry or Scheduled task.
- Download Autoruns using this link.
- Extract the archive and run Autoruns.exe file.
- In Options menu make sure there are checkboxes near Hide Empty Locations, Hide Microsoft Entries, and Hide Windows Entries.
- Search for suspicious entries with weird names or running from locations like:
- Right-click on suspicious entry and choose Delete. This will prevent the threat to run at startup.
- Switch to Scheduled Tasks tab and do the same.
- To remove files themselves, click on suspicious entries and choose Jump to Entry…. Remove files or registry keys found.
Remove files, folder and registry keys of Zloader
Zloader files and folders
Zloader registry keys
Aliases of Zloader
How to protect from threats, like Zloader, in future
Standard Windows protection or any decent third-party antivirus (Norton, Avast, Kaspersky) should be able to detect and remove Zloader. However, if you got infected with Zloader with existing and updated security software, you may consider changing it. To feel safe and protect your PC from Zloader on all levels (browser, e-mail attachments, Word or Excel scripts, file system) we recommend a leading provider of internet security solutions – BitDefender. Its solutions both for home and business users proved to be one of the most advanced and effective. Choose and get your BitDefender protection via the button below: