What is ArcadeCake
ArcadeCake by ArcadeCake.com is flash game software that normally allows you to play premium games on their website. However, it also installs ArcadeCake extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. This add-on intended for displaying ads, pop-ups, banners, discounts, coupons. Basically, this is adware plugin. This ads use low quality advertising networks and may lead to much bigger problems on your computer. That is why we recommend you to remove ArcadeCake and prepared handy removal guide below..
How ArcadeCake infected your PC
ArcadeCake client can be downloaded from ArcadeCake.com. But due to some reason developers distribute it with other software even not connected to gaming. ArcadeCake is attached to free media converters, flash players and other popular type of utilities. Currently only a few antiviruses can detect and remove ArcadeCake. One of the best is SpyHunter 5 antimalware finds all files, folders and registry keys ArcadeCake creates and eliminates them.
Download ArcadeCake Removal Tool
To remove ArcadeCake completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of ArcadeCake and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove ArcadeCake manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full ArcadeCake removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of ArcadeCake installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove ArcadeCake from Control Panel
To start removing ArcadeCake you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove ArcadeCake from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find ArcadeCake.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove ArcadeCake from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find ArcadeCake and click Uninstall.
Remove ArcadeCake from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find ArcadeCake, click Uninstall.
Remove ArcadeCake from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall ArcadeCake from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate ArcadeCake in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate ArcadeCake in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall ArcadeCake
In some cases ArcadeCake won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall ArcadeCake. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing ArcadeCake folder and files. This happens, because process AtwHelp.dll or service updater.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall ArcadeCake in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove ArcadeCake
Remove ArcadeCake add-on from your browsers
Removing ArcadeCake from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove ArcadeCake extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find ArcadeCake extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose ArcadeCake extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Start Safari browser.
- Click Safari in the menu and in the drop-down menu choose Preferences.
- Go to Extensions tab and choose ArcadeCake extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
- Confirm removal by clicking Uninstall button in the pop-up.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove ArcadeCake from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable ArcadeCake, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable ArcadeCake.
Generally, ArcadeCake does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find ArcadeCake extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension ArcadeCake
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including ArcadeCake. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.