What is BrowserAir
BrowserAir by Goobzo Ltd is unwanted application that sneaks into your computer secretly. It is adware based on Chromium-built browser. BrowserAir creates toolbar on your desktop and replaces Google Chrome browser and all its shortcuts. This toolbar contains search box (that uses www-searching.com search engine), quick access shortcuts, radio plugin etc. BrowserAir will display ads and pop-ups if you use it for viewing web pages. Additionally, it can inject ads in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browser windows. Remove BrowserAir as soon as you see any signs of infection. Here is complete removal guide.
How BrowserAir infected your PC
BrowserAir is usually not installed purposefully by users. BrowserAir is bundled with 3rd party software. As a rule, free software like flash players, downloaders, converters use adware bundling to monetize their free traffic. Unfortunately, many of them do not disclose all the consequences of such installation. They mislead users to force them install app that will cause so many problems in future. Remove BrowserAir using special remover called Norton Antivirus, that has this threat in its database.
Download BrowserAir Removal Tool
To remove BrowserAir completely we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of BrowserAir and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove BrowserAir manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full BrowserAir removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of BrowserAir installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove BrowserAir from Control Panel
To start removing BrowserAir you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove BrowserAir from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find BrowserAir.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove BrowserAir from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find BrowserAir and click Uninstall.
Remove BrowserAir from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find BrowserAir, click Uninstall.
Remove BrowserAir from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall BrowserAir from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate BrowserAir in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate BrowserAir in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall BrowserAir
In some cases BrowserAir won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall BrowserAir. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing BrowserAir folder and files. This happens, because file BrowserAir.exe or service utility.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall BrowserAir in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove BrowserAir
Remove BrowserAir add-on from your browsers
Removing BrowserAir from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove BrowserAir extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find BrowserAir extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose BrowserAir extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove BrowserAir from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable BrowserAir, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable BrowserAir.
Generally, BrowserAir does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find BrowserAir extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension BrowserAir
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including BrowserAir. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.