What is BrowseStudio
BrowseStudio by Yontoo Technology Inc is adware designed to generate ads in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. After infiltrating the system BrowseStudio creates extensions in Google Chrome and Firefox and BHO in Internet Explorer. “Ads by BrowseStudio” can be presented by contextual links, pop-ups, banners, discount suggestions. They all lead to low quality advertising landing pages. Some visitors asked me to make removal tutorial, as they have issues with uninstalling BrowseStudio.
How BrowseStudio infected your PC
BrowseStudio is usually installed hidden from users. As a rule, this happens during the process of installation of small utilities downloaded from the web, or running “downloader” from software portals. Majority of such software is bundled with adware. Although, intrusion method is not similar to virus or trojan, and formally users are informed about installation of BrowseStudio, this is done using tricky methods to make user just click through the process.
Download BrowseStudio Removal Tool
To remove BrowseStudio completely we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of BrowseStudio and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove BrowseStudio manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full BrowseStudio removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of BrowseStudio installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove BrowseStudio from Control Panel
To start removing BrowseStudio you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove BrowseStudio from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find BrowseStudio.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove BrowseStudio from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find BrowseStudio and click Uninstall.
Remove BrowseStudio from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find BrowseStudio, click Uninstall.
Cannot uninstall BrowseStudio
In some cases BrowseStudio won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall BrowseStudio. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing BrowseStudio folder and files. This happens, because file BrowseStudioUn.exe or service updateBrowseStudio.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall BrowseStudio in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove BrowseStudio
Remove BrowseStudio add-on from your browsers
Removing BrowseStudio from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove BrowseStudio extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find BrowseStudio extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose BrowseStudio extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove BrowseStudio from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable BrowseStudio, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable BrowseStudio.
Generally, BrowseStudio does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find BrowseStudio extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension BrowseStudio
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including BrowseStudio. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.