What is Cloudnet
Cloudnet (Cloudnet.exe) is malicious application from EpicNet Inc. Security specialist categorize this program as adware or potentially unwanted application (PUA). It implements scripts in browser pages to display pop-ups, banners and other type of advertising in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Main executable of this virus – file called cloudnet.exe installs with EpicNet Cloud Office and runs on startup. Cloudnet exploits various browser and operating systems vulnerabilities. Learn how to remove Cloudnet virus from Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
How Cloudnet infected your PC
This virus can be installed with pirate activation software for Windows like KMS.pico. It copies file cloudnet.exe to AppData\Roaming\EpicNet Inc, and sets it to run on startup. Virus then interacts with browser to generate advertisements. Antivirus software can detect this virus and prevent you from infection. To remove Cloudnet completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter.
Download Cloudnet Removal Tool for Windows
To remove Cloudnet from Windows completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Cloudnet and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Cloudnet manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Cloudnet removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Cloudnet installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Note: Cloudnet can be installed as Google Chrome extension as Administrator (you may see Installed by enterprise policy inscription near it), and this will not allow removal. Therefore, before starting removal process, perform these actions:
- Start the Command Prompt by clicking the Start menu button and typing command prompt (or just searching for “command prompt” in Windows 10 search field). Right click on the Command Prompt result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type in and execute the following commands:
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy"
Remove Cloudnet from Control Panel
To start removing Cloudnet you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Cloudnet from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Cloudnet.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Cloudnet from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Cloudnet and click Uninstall.
Remove Cloudnet from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Cloudnet, click Uninstall.
Remove Cloudnet from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Cloudnet from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Cloudnet in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Cloudnet in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Cloudnet
In some cases Cloudnet won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Cloudnet. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Cloudnet folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 4 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Cloudnet in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Cloudnet
Remove Cloudnet add-on from your browsers
Removing Cloudnet from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Cloudnet extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Cloudnet extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Cloudnet extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Cloudnet from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Cloudnet, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Cloudnet.
Generally, Cloudnet does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Cloudnet extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Cloudnet
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Cloudnet. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.