What is DearCry Ransomware
DearCry Ransomware is a dangerous virus, which targets the encryption of personal data. Such malware makes everything sure that there is no way to decrypt the locked files. Knowing that, cybercriminals offer their own solution – to buy the decryption key stored on their servers. Because most users can find no way out of the trap, they agree on paying the ransom to recover the data. Unfortunately, this is a serious risk proven by multiple victims who did not receive the promised decryption. This is why it is better to delete DearCry Ransomware and reclaim your files via backup or data-recovery tools. If you are the one having files changed with the .crypt extension, which was then accompanied by the ransom note creation (readme.txt), chances are you are infected with DearCry Ransomware.
Your file has been encrypted!
If you want to decrypt, please contact us.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
And please send me the following hash!
Many types of this malware have similar features which differentiate by instructions and new extensions. For example, DearCry developers ask victims to contact them via e-mail to get some further guidelines. Some other infections set timeframes and other rules that push users onto the action. Whatever the case, the problem is present and it is necessary to solve it by removing the virus from your computer. To do this, follow the steps listed in the article below.
How DearCry Ransomware infected your computer
- Download DearCry Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .crypt files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like DearCry Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove DearCry Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of DearCry Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove DearCry Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of DearCry Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
DearCry Ransomware files:
DearCry Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .crypt files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .crypt files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .crypt files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with DearCry Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .crypt files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like DearCry Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. DearCry Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.