What is Discovery App
Discovery App by Yontoo Technology Inc is browser adware. This app installs add-ons in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. With help of this extensions Discovery App generates ads, pop-ups in browser windows. Advertising is based on user browsing habits and history of visited sites. Ads can be of different types: “Related Search by Discovery App” on the left side, or “Discovery App Ads” pop-ups showing randomly in browsers. These ads lead to sponsored websites, that may be dangerous. To remove Discovery App and get rid of irrelevant and annoying advertising we prepared this guide that will help you uninstall Discovery App completely.
How Discovery App infected your PC
Discovery App uses several methods to install on computers. It can be distributed along with media players, archivers, converters and other types of free programs. Risk of infection is high on software download sites (Download.com, Softpedia.com). Free programs offer you to install additional components such as toolbars, search engines, advertising add-ons. Sometimes they offer legitimate and useful programs, but mostly this is adware like Discovery App. To remove Discovery App and reduce possibility of other infections, download and run SpyHunter below.
Download Discovery App Removal Tool
To remove Discovery App completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Discovery App and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Discovery App manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Discovery App removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Discovery App installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Discovery App from Control Panel
To start removing Discovery App you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Discovery App from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Discovery App.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Discovery App from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Discovery App and click Uninstall.
Remove Discovery App from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Discovery App, click Uninstall.
Remove Discovery App from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Discovery App from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Discovery App in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Discovery App in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Discovery App
In some cases Discovery App won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Discovery App. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Discovery App folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Discovery App in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Discovery App
Remove Discovery App add-on from your browsers
Removing Discovery App from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Discovery App extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Discovery App extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Discovery App extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Discovery App from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Discovery App, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Discovery App.
Generally, Discovery App does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Discovery App or Discovery App 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Discovery App files:
Discovery App folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Discovery App
C:\Program Files\Discovery App
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Discovery App
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Discovery App. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.