What is Gate Snapper
Gate Snapper by Yontoo Technology Inc. is advertising browser helper object or add-on for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It was developed to display ads, pop-ups, banners on browser pages. Ad modules are signed as “Ads by Gate Snapper” or “Brought by Gate Snapper” or just “gate snapper”. Ads may appear on any website and content of this ads is usually irrelevant, read Gate Snapper removal guide below to get rid of ads in browsers.
How Gate Snapper infected your PC
Gate Snapper usually infects users computers along with freeware installation. Nowadays, developers of small utilities monetize their programs by installing adware, PC optimization tools, and get paid for this. Usually users are offered to install Gate Snapper with option to “Accept” or “Decline”. Or there is check-box that says Gate Snapper will be installed. Users, miss this offer or fail to spot it and as a result they get infected with this adware.
Download Gate Snapper Removal Tool
To remove Gate Snapper completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Gate Snapper and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Gate Snapper manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Gate Snapper removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Gate Snapper installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Gate Snapper from Control Panel
To start removing Gate Snapper you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Gate Snapper from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Gate Snapper.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Gate Snapper from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Gate Snapper and click Uninstall.
Remove Gate Snapper from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Gate Snapper, click Uninstall.
Cannot uninstall Gate Snapper
In some cases Gate Snapper won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Gate Snapper. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Gate Snapper folder and files. This happens, because process gatesnapperbho.dll or service updateGateSnapper.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Gate Snapper in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Gate Snapper
Remove Gate Snapper add-on from your browsers
Removing Gate Snapper from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Gate Snapper extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Gate Snapper extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Gate Snapper extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Gate Snapper from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Gate Snapper, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Gate Snapper.
Generally, Gate Snapper does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Gate Snapper extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Gate Snapper
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Gate Snapper. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.