What is Pass and Play
Pass and Play by Yontoo Technology Inc is delusive browser add-on made for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Pass and Play is designed to generate various forms of advertising in browsers (ads, pop-ups, banners, video ads). Ads can be separated from web page ads because they are named like: “Ads by Pass and Play”, “Related Search by Pass and Play”, “powered by Pass and Play”, “brought by Pass and Play” or just “Pass and Play ads”. Ads are not related to the contents of the webpage. Pass and Play ads may lead to low quality third-party sites, promote fake software or offer to download additional adware programs. Use instructions below to remove Pass and Play adware completely.
How Pass and Play infected your PC
Developers of Pass and Play uses special technique to distribute itself on computers. This method is called “bundling”, and it is used in freeware utilities. Programs offer users to install additional software of doubtful benefit (adware, hijacker, rogue, toolbar). Users think this offer is part of initial installation and let adware unpack its files and start malicious activity. In order to avoid such installations or remove Pass and Play, that is already infected your PC, use SpyHunter 5.
Download Pass and Play Removal Tool
To remove Pass and Play completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Pass and Play and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Pass and Play manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Pass and Play removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Pass and Play installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Pass and Play from Control Panel
To start removing Pass and Play you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Pass and Play from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Pass and Play.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Pass and Play from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Pass and Play and click Uninstall.
Remove Pass and Play from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Pass and Play, click Uninstall.
Remove Pass and Play from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Pass and Play from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Pass and Play in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Pass and Play in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Pass and Play
In some cases Pass and Play won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Pass and Play. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Pass and Play folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Pass and Play in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Pass and Play
Remove Pass and Play add-on from your browsers
Removing Pass and Play from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Pass and Play extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Pass and Play extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Pass and Play extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Pass and Play from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Pass and Play, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Pass and Play.
Generally, Pass and Play does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Pass and Play or Pass and Play 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Pass and Play files:
Pass and Play folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Pass and Play
C:\Program Files\Pass and Play
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Pass and Play
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Pass and Play. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.