What is QkSee
QkSee by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Limited is ad-supported image viewer that installs with freeware. After installation may affect browsers by modifying search and displaying ads and pop-ups. Advertisement appear in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Advertisements are branded as “Ads by QkSee” or “powered by QkSee”. QkSee is not considered illegal and is not officially classified as malware, but it poses threat to your privacy, as it uses private data (browser history, user browsing habits) to generate ads. Use instructions below to remove QkSee from your computer.
How QkSee infected your PC
QkSee uses several common methods to infiltrate computer. Developers of free and high demanded software include QkSee in their installers to earn on installations. During installation QkSee is promoted as modern image engine and installs by default until user declines this offer. To avoid installation of programs like QkSee use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download QkSee Removal Tool
To remove QkSee completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of QkSee and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove QkSee manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full QkSee removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of QkSee installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove QkSee from Control Panel
To start removing QkSee you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove QkSee from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find QkSee.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove QkSee from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find QkSee and click Uninstall.
Remove QkSee from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find QkSee, click Uninstall.
Remove QkSee from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall QkSee from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate QkSee in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate QkSee in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall QkSee
In some cases QkSee won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall QkSee. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing QkSee folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall QkSee in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove QkSee
Remove QkSee add-on from your browsers
Removing QkSee from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove QkSee extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find QkSee extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose QkSee extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove QkSee from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable QkSee, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable QkSee.
Generally, QkSee does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find QkSee extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension QkSee
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including QkSee. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.