What is Sonic Train
Sonic Train by Bronze Aid is adware program in form of add-ons for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and browser helper object for Internet Explorer. Its impact on the system: installs browser extensions, shows ads, pop-ups, coupons, slows down browser speed, tracking user activity. Ads are named like “Related Search by Sonic Train”, “Powered by Sonic Train” or just “Ads by Sonic Train”. Ads are very annoying. To get rid of Sonic Train you need to uninstall actual Sonic Train adware module from all parts of the system. This article is removal guide for this threat.
How Sonic Train infected your PC
Sonic Train distributes via different channels. Mostly, it is bundled with freeware installers and installs along with this free utilities. Also it can be distributed with torrents, game cracks and on third-rate advertising networks. It is installed hidden from user in the background, adds extensions and copies main files to Program Files folder. To prevent this you need to look carefully during installation process and decline adware offers. Alternatively, you can use Norton Antivirus, that can not only stop this adware but also remove Sonic train completely from your system.
Download Sonic Train Removal Tool
To remove Sonic Train completely we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Sonic Train and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Sonic Train manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Sonic Train removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Sonic Train installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Sonic Train from Control Panel
To start removing Sonic Train you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Sonic Train from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Sonic Train.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Sonic Train from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Sonic Train and click Uninstall.
Remove Sonic Train from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Sonic Train, click Uninstall.
Remove Sonic Train from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Sonic Train from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Sonic Train in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Sonic Train in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Sonic Train
In some cases Sonic Train won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Sonic Train. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Sonic Train folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Sonic Train in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Sonic Train
Remove Sonic Train add-on from your browsers
Removing Sonic Train from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Sonic Train extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Sonic Train or Sonic Train 2.0 extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Sonic Train or Sonic Train 2.0 extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Sonic Train from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Sonic Train, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Sonic Train or Sonic Train 2.0.
Generally, Sonic Train does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Sonic Train or Sonic Train 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Sonic Train files:
Sonic Train folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonic Train
C:\Program Files\Sonic Train
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Sonic Train
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Sonic Train. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.