What is PlayThru Player
PlayThru Player by Verti Technology Group is media player for Windows that promises to play online videos on your desktop. You can search videos on several video sites and watch them from video player on your desktop. But the big problem of this application is that it displays ads, pop-ups, hyperlinks in browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari). Sometimes this ads are signed like “Ads by PlayThru Player”. This ads may contain links and references to dangerous sites and unwanted programs. To remove PlayThru Player ads you need to uninstall PlayThru Player manually or use special remover.
How PlayThru Player infected your PC
PlayThru Player distributes with help of download sites, installers of free programs, torrents, software keygens. You can see how it can be offered during installation on the picture below.
Installer has 2 options – “Express” and “Advanced” installation. If users chooses “Express” option several adware programs including Playthru Player, ArcadeTwist and others will be installed. But user can decline this offers by choosing “Advanced” option and unchecking those checkboxes. How to avoid such malicious installers and remove PlayThru Player? Use SpyHunter 5 as it was tested to eliminate PlayThru Player files and folders.
Download PlayThru Player Removal Tool
To remove PlayThru Player completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of PlayThru Player and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove PlayThru Player manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full PlayThru Player removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of PlayThru Player installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove PlayThru Player from Control Panel
To start removing PlayThru Player you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove PlayThru Player from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find PlayThru Player.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove PlayThru Player from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find PlayThru Player and click Uninstall.
Remove PlayThru Player from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find PlayThru Player, click Uninstall.
Remove PlayThru Player from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall PlayThru Player from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate PlayThru Player in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate PlayThru Player in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall PlayThru Player
In some cases PlayThru Player won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall PlayThru Player. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing PlayThru Player folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall PlayThru Player in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove PlayThru Player
Remove PlayThru Player add-on from your browsers
Removing PlayThru Player from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove PlayThru Player extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find PlayThru Player extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose PlayThru Player extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove PlayThru Player from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable PlayThru Player, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable PlayThru Player.
Generally, PlayThru Player does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find PlayThru Player extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
PlayThru Player files:
PlayThru Player folders:
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension PlayThru Player
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including PlayThru Player. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.