What is Speed Browser
Speed Browser by Eager Wire Apps LLC is Chrome alike browser. It spreads via bundled installations for the purpose of advertising. Speed Browser replaces Google Chrome on users desktop and installs special extensions in browsers. After this it will set as default browser for viewing sites and will open pages filled with ads and pop-ups. Speed Browser adware is a source of following advertisements: “Powered by Speed Browser”, “brought by Speed Browser” or “Ads by Speed Browser”. It also inserts ads in Google search result page – similar to Google Adwords ads. Speed Browser can also collect private information about browsing history and share it with advertising networks. It is necessary to uninstall Speed Browser completely and this article will help you with this.
How Speed Browser infected your PC
Speed Browser can get on your PC if you are careless while installation of new software on your PC. Nowadays, every installer or downloader is potential source of adware, toolbars or hijackers. Such programs are classified as Potentially Unwanted Programs and formally are not viruses. That makes them semi-legal. However, all consequences of installation are never told to user. Besides often developers use vague wording or hide such installations. To stay safe we recommend you to remove Speed Browser using SpyHunter and use it to protect PC from “bundled” infections.
Download Speed Browser Removal Tool
To remove Speed Browser completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Speed Browser and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Speed Browser manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Speed Browser removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Speed Browser installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Speed Browser from Control Panel
To start removing Speed Browser you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Speed Browser from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Speed Browser.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Speed Browser from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Speed Browser and click Uninstall.
Remove Speed Browser from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Speed Browser, click Uninstall.
Remove Speed Browser from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Speed Browser from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Speed Browser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Speed Browser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Speed Browser
In some cases Speed Browser won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Speed Browser. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Speed Browser folder and files. This happens, because file browser.exe or some service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Speed Browser in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Speed Browser
Remove Speed Browser add-on from your browsers
Removing Speed Browser from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Speed Browser extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Speed Browser extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Speed Browser extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Speed Browser from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Speed Browser, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Speed Browser.
Generally, Speed Browser does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Speed Browser extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Speed Browser files:
Speed Browser folders:
C:\Program Files\Speed Browser\
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Speed Browser
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Speed Browser. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.