What is Triangle Trail
Triangle Trail by Yontoo Technology Inc is deceptive browser extension. It is promoted as helpful add-on to display discounts and coupons on shopping sites. But in reality Triangle Trail shows unwanted advertisements, that are not related to pages you visit. Ad banners are signed like “Ads by Triangle Trail”, “brought by Triangle Trail”, “powered by Triangle Trail”. Clicking on those ads may bring more harm to your computer. Triangle Trail is hard to uninstall the normal way as it shows error when you try to uninstall it from Control Panel. Here are instructions that will help you to remove Triangle Trail and get rid of ads.
How Triangle Trail infected your PC
There are several methods of Triangle Trail intrusion. It may be installed with legal free program, torrent or fake java or flash player updates. Offers to install Triangle Trail may look different: checkboxes or separate installation windows with “Accept” and “Decline” buttons. Free programs earn on each successful installation and that why they use vague wording or hide the adware install process. SpyHunter 5 may help you preventing infection with unwanted apps like Triangle Trail. It may also assist you to remove Triangle Trial files and folders.
Download Triangle Trail Removal Tool
To remove Triangle Trail completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Triangle Trail and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Triangle Trail manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Triangle Trail removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Triangle Trail installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Triangle Trail from Control Panel
To start removing Triangle Trail you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Triangle Trail from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Triangle Trail.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Triangle Trail from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Triangle Trail and click Uninstall.
Remove Triangle Trail from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Triangle Trail, click Uninstall.
Remove Triangle Trail from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Triangle Trail from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Triangle Trail in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Triangle Trail in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Triangle Trail
In some cases Triangle Trail won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Triangle Trail. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Triangle Trail folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Triangle Trail in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Triangle Trail
Remove Triangle Trail add-on from your browsers
Removing Triangle Trail from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Triangle Trail extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Triangle Trail extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Triangle Trail extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Triangle Trail from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Triangle Trail, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Triangle Trail.
Generally, Triangle Trail does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Triangle Trail or Triangle Trail 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Triangle Trail files:
Triangle Trail folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Triangle Trail
C:\Program Files\Triangle Trail
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Triangle Trail
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Triangle Trail. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.