What is SmartWeb
SmartWeb by SoftBrain Technologies Ltd is browser add-on for online shopping. It has functionality to show coupons and discounts on certain goods on certain sites. The problem is that along with this, SmartWeb creates lots of irrelevant and annoying ads and pop-ups on sites where users won’t like to see them. Ads have a sign “powered by SmartWeb”, “brought by SmartWeb” or simply “Ads by SmartWeb”. Content of those ads is not related to the websites they are shown on. It is based on your browsing habits and history. As SmartWeb puts your privacy in danger, it is recommended to remove it as soon as possible. Learn how to uninstall SmartWeb completely here.
How SmartWeb infected your PC
SmartWeb uses wide-spread marketing method called “bundled installation” to distribute. The essence of this method is in getting adware installed on users PCs, along with regular programs. Usually free programs use this technique to earn money on junkware installs. To protect computer from threats like SmartWeb, we recommend to use antimalware with bundle protection and big database of adware, hijackers and rogue programs. One of the market leaders is SpyHunter 5, that can remove files and folders of SmartWeb and prevent adware intrusion.
Download SmartWeb Removal Tool
To remove SmartWeb completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of SmartWeb and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove SmartWeb manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full SmartWeb removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of SmartWeb installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove SmartWeb from Control Panel
To start removing SmartWeb you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove SmartWeb from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find SmartWeb.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove SmartWeb from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find SmartWeb and click Uninstall.
Remove SmartWeb from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find SmartWeb, click Uninstall.
Remove SmartWeb from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall SmartWeb from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate SmartWeb in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate SmartWeb in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall SmartWeb
In some cases SmartWeb won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall SmartWeb. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing SmartWeb folder and files. This happens, because file SmartWebApp.exe or service SmartWebHelper.exe does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall SmartWeb in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove SmartWeb
Remove SmartWeb add-on from your browsers
Removing SmartWeb from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove SmartWeb extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find SmartWeb extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose SmartWeb extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove SmartWeb from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable SmartWeb, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable SmartWeb.
Generally, SmartWeb does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find SmartWeb or SmartWeb 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension SmartWeb
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including SmartWeb. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.